Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antimalware Service Executable taking mass CPU Usage randomly.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RetroRender

RetroRender

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:27 AM

The title is as stated. Currently running Windows 10 (Anniversary Update).

It will, at times, cause my computer to go sporadically haywire, and load elements of my screen as if they were being rendered upon a Pentium II Mobile Processor from 1998. Running out of options at this point but to attempt to disable Windows Defender altogether, since, this is where the in-line cause seems to stem from.

Much regards,

RetroRender.

Edit: It would probably help to list the hardware used. As an enthusiast myself I should know this by now, but it slipped my mind.

Hardware used: Alienware Alpha R1 w/ Nvidia GeForce GTX Graphics.

Intel Core i3-4130T Dual Core w/ Hyperthreading @2.9 GHz.

12 GB DDR3-DC (Dual Channel) RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M (Custom Modified Alienware Chip)

Crucial MX100 256 GB SATA-III Solid State Drive.

Edited by RetroRender, 23 January 2017 - 08:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stavros3000

stavros3000

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

Hi,

This could be helpful:-    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning/can-one-prevent-antimalware-executable-to-start/14d43f26-c682-4b3d-80b6-59ae754b8649

#3 RancherLara

RancherLara

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:59 AM

Hey, I am also facing the same issue but on my last year's bought microsoft surface pro..I started facing this issue few weeks backs when i plugged my scanner and pendrive together to the laptop..then a week or so later it started hanging and lagging. I did tried this solution for the high disk usage issue but it didn't turned the stones for me. Help if any body knows the solution for this problem!! it's really annoying!! :mellow:

Edited by RancherLara, 02 June 2017 - 06:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users