Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My System Affected by CryptoLocker Ransomware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SamWu

SamWu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:01 AM

Hi There,

My system is wholly infected by CryptoLocker viruses. Not sure if there is any effective way to decrypt all of my affected files? I've done some researches on Google and it seems to be no workaround thus far. The link https://www.decryptcryptolocker.com is not working anymore. So do I have to contact Dr.Web and pay the license to get a tool for descryption?

Thanks and regards,
Sam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:04 AM

The original CryptoLocker ransomware is dead since 2014. If you have been recently infected since 2014, then it is something else (lots of copycats out there). You need to first identify what ransomware it is; upload a ransom note and encrypted file to ID Ransomware, and it will guide you from there.

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic]

ransomnotecleaner-25.png RansomNoteCleaner - Remove Ransom Notes Left Behind [Support Topic]

cryptosearch-25.pngCryptoSearch - Find Files Encrypted by Ransomware [Support Topic]

If I have helped you and you wish to support my ransomware fighting, you may support me here.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:30 AM

The FireEye/Fox-IT Decryptolocker website (decryptcryptolocker.com) posted this comment shortly before closing.

In August 2014, we launched our website to help the victims of the CryptoLocker malware. We are happy to have helped more than five thousand individuals and small businesses. CryptoLocker, unfortunately, has inspired criminals all over the world. We have seen more than 20 copycat ransomware attacks since the original CryptoLocker, some of which use the same name, modus operandi and layout as the original CryptoLocker. We believe that our Decryptolocker site has served its purpose, and we have decommissioned it given that the threat landscape has evolved.

FireEye Blog: Your Locker of Information for CryptoLocker Decryption

FireEye is no longer providing decryption solutions for CryptoLocker. If your computer has recently been infected with ransomware, chances are that the infection has been caused by one of the many copycat attacks that use the same or similar name and method of operation. Since these new ransomware variants use different encryption keys, we have discontinued the DecryptCryptoLocker website and its associated decryption service.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users