Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wacom driver issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BryanR

BryanR

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:36 PM

So my wacom driver recently started acting up. This isn't really new, I've had that happen a number of times now, it seems to be an issue with the Intuos 3 driver that the company just doesn't care to fix. Usually I just have to reinstall it and redo all my settings, which really sucks but it's a fix and beats not having any pressure sensitivity due to driver errors. This time around though, I tried to install the driver and I kept getting an error:

"The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver again but it wouldn't let me uninstall it. Programs and features lists it but it won't respond.

Thx in advance if anyone can help. I'm on 8.1. If anyone thinks any of my specs would be helpful I'm happy to upload them though I doubt it's relevant in this case.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,955 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:43 PM

Greetings,

Please get ALL available Windows Updates. Next please download, the appropriate version of these updates:

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 (64-bit)
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 (32-bit)

Run the installer and select Uninstall.
Restart your computer and run the installer again, this time selecting Install.

NOTE: You may need to have KB2999226 installed before trying in install the C++ Redistributable package.

Edited by bwv848, 22 January 2017 - 09:45 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 BryanR

BryanR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

NOTE: You may need to have KB2999226 installed before trying in install the C++ Redistributable package.

Thanks for the fast response. What is KB2999226?

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,955 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:54 PM

Sorry for not explaining. It's the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows. I would try to install the C++ package first, and check whether if Wacom is working, before installing KB2999226.

Edited by bwv848, 22 January 2017 - 09:54 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users