Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No bootable device error after resetting the CMOS.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Museman

Museman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

(Im asking for a friend.)

Im having trouble after resetting the CMOS, after i reset it by pulling the battery out and putting it back in, i was prompted to choose between loading the default values and doing a setup. I chose to keep the default values, after that it showed nothing but a black screen for about 10 minutes. I held down the power button until the computer turned off, and when i turned it back on it said there was no bootable device. What do i do now?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

Access your BIOS on boot and change the legacy/EUFI boot option. If you have Win7 change to legacy, if you have Win8/10 change to EUFI.

#3 Museman

Museman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:13 PM

Access your BIOS on boot and change the legacy/EUFI boot option. If you have Win7 change to legacy, if you have Win8/10 change to EUFI.

This wasn't the issue it turns out, the hard drive wasn't getting any power because it wasn't plugged in properly (cable probably got knocked loose when he was resetting the cmos).

Thanks for your help though!

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:57 PM

No worries, glad it turned out. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users