Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't add app to wishlist

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 js10

js10

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:44 PM

So I tried to install an app from Google Play to my Android (Moto G) device, but it turned out I didn't have enough space on the phone for it. Since I may in the future, though, what I wanted to do was just add it to my Google Play wish list. However, even though the app failed to install (again, because I never made room for it), somehow it still thinks that it is installed. For this reason, now it won't let me add it to my wish list. The little green wish list icon is gone from the page, and when I click on the three dots next to the app name on the app search results page, the only option is "install," not "add to wish list." So, it's almost like it thinks it's installed on my phone on one level, but not another -- hope that makes sense. At any rate, has any one come across this situation before, and if so, how does one basically force the system to allow me to add the app to my wish list? Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lakshancosta

lakshancosta

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:45 AM

I do believe that you are attempting to add Free apps to your wishlist. When you try this you do not get the open to add to your wishlist, just as you never could gift a free app. Try again on a paid app and you should see the options Add to Wish List and Gift appear before Copy Link. Just try it i may be wrong. hope you find a solution.

Happy to help 

Lakshan Costa

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 29 January 2017 - 03:18 PM

Is it possible you have installed it on a previous device? Or installed once and deleted? Any app I have previously installed and or deleted I can't add to my wish list.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 js10

js10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:03 PM

Lakshan Costa,

No, I'm able to add other free apps to my wishlist. The only reason it's not letting me add these particular apps to my wishlist is that I already tried but then couldn't do so because there wasn't enough space on my device. That seems to be the deciding factor here, not whether they are free or paid. Thanks for your response, though!

Animal,

No, believe it or not, this is the first and only smart device I've ever had, so that's not a possibility. As for the second part of your question, well, that's the issue. Again, I TRIED to install it, but couldn't complete the process due to lack of space. So, I don't see how it could see me as having deleted the app as it was never actually installed on my device in the first place, although I tried. So is that to say that because I made an unsuccessful attempt to install this app on my device, I'm permanently banned from adding it to my wishlist? That seems kind of ridiculous, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not true. Thanks.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,570 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

Just a thought, since you don't state model of device and app, not that it's important at this point. Does it state the app is incompatible with your device? Yes that's probably an obvious thing you'd have mentioned. But sometimes stating the obvious helps.

If you have tried to install it. Use a file explorer and make sure there are no remnants. But since you have attempted to install you likely will not be able to add to your wish list.

I do have another thought that I'll have to make sure of the steps for. Before I add them though.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#6 js10

js10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:35 PM

No, no indication whatsoever that the app is incompatible with the device, and I don't know why it would be. It's one of those very simple reminder/organization apps. The only problem seems to be that there wasn't enough room for it (which is one of the things I hate about the Moto G -- very little space for apps -- but that's a story for a different thread).

I'm not sure what you mean by a file explorer, but your next sentence makes is sound like it's a moot point anyway, as if attempting to install it once does forever forbid me from adding it to my wishlist, which I think is insane. I mean, attempt aside, it's NOT installed on my device!

Edited by js10, 29 January 2017 - 05:36 PM.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,570 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:01 PM

Interesting! It looks like your Moto G does not have a native file explorer pre-installed. Since you're already short on space. Kind of defeats the purpose of downloading another app to look for an app. Just to see if it's partially installed. Agree the logic of how and why you can or can't add items to the wishlist is not very intuitive.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users