Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clean install of Windows 7, already throwing missing DLL error messages

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

I reinstalled my friend's Windows 7 because he installed 32-bit when most of the drivers needed for his computer are 64-bit. After I got all the drivers on, I started installing software and are presented with a variety of "missing DLL" error messages. It is as if Windows 7 didn't install completely and many DLL files were not installed when they are supposed it. I never had any of these error messages when installing the software on any of my computers.

Examples of missing DLL file error messages

The Program cannot start because api-ms-win-crt-heap-i1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.

Based on the file name, this seems like a core Windows dll, not sure why it would be missing.

the same error occurs with msvcr71.dll

This seems like another Microsoft one.

Neither of these got any real results on Google.

Anybody know what the problem could be with DLL files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,580 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:24 PM

What is the origin of the install media?

Is it legal install media...or install media from an OEM system?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users