Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ran AdwCleaner...internet connection disappeared

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xDante

xDante

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:10 AM

My computer was running smoothly and with no problems. JUST ..there was this pop up thing with ads and suden blinks in browser when i tried to open some pages.

So i ran: Malware bytes, Spybot search and destroy...everything seemed to be cool...but ads popup didn't dissappear...so i used Adwcleaner.

Since then: My computer is slower drasticaly even on startup...acting weird...and...most importantly..I can't connect to internet. I'm on cable on my desktop computer.
In a fact...there is not even internet connection icon on windows bar down next to clock...and i can't get to connections in Windows settings because the window always freeze and won't go further. Need to close the window....I can get to every other window in Win settings....but internet.

pls help :( i was using adwcleaner for years and this never happened to me before.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,981 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:37 AM

Open an elevated command prompt. In Windows 7 type CMD in the search box, right click > Run As Administrator. In Windows 8 or later press the Windows key + X, cmd > as admin

Type the following commands

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog,txt

Reboot

#3 xDante

xDante
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:55 AM

Open an elevated command prompt. In Windows 7 type CMD in the search box, right click > Run As Administrator. In Windows 8 or later press the Windows key + X, cmd > as admin

Type the following commands

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog,txt

Reboot

Thx for advice.
I'm running on Win 10.

Did everything you said...but no change in internet connection :/

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,981 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:03 AM

If you have access to another computer download Windows Repair to a flash drive. Install it on your computer with no internet and only check Network Repair. Nothing else.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/

Is there any yellow exclamation mark next to your network adapters in Device Manager? If on Wifi does the computer connect via Ethernet?

I would have recommended doing a System Restore to a date before the problem but for some reason in Microsoft's infinite wisdom System Restore in Windows 10 is turned off by default.

#5 xDante

xDante
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:17 PM

If you have access to another computer download Windows Repair to a flash drive. Install it on your computer with no internet and only check Network Repair. Nothing else.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/

Is there any yellow exclamation mark next to your network adapters in Device Manager? If on Wifi does the computer connect via Ethernet?

I would have recommended doing a System Restore to a date before the problem but for some reason in Microsoft's infinite wisdom System Restore in Windows 10 is turned off by default.

There is no yellow exclamation in Device Manager...everything seems to be normal :/

btw i did the thing with Win Repair program....but it didn't work at all..
It said something about Repair cannot be done...and i should try it in safe mode...
So i did...and then as instructed rebooted computer....
Still..nothing changed :/

Yes and system restoration seems to be no option for me as well :(

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,981 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

I know Windows 10 has issues with Wifi but this was the result of Adwcleaner. 

Download and run Minitoolbox and check the following boxes. Post the log.

Flush DNS

Reset IE Proxy Settings

List IP configuration

List Winsock Entries

List Last 10 Event View Errors

#7 xDante

xDante
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

ok..i have it solved

I couldn't get even into system restore tools...
But i invited my friend who knows better and he restored it into only point there was....4 days ago.
Everything runs perfectly how it should..........
I'm happy now.....uff

And real thanks JohnC for your time and effort. This site and people like you are bright side of the interwebzz B-)
Thx again and have a nice day.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,981 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:54 PM

Nice! Thanks for the update and I'm glad you are now back in business. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users