Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson printer -- "Please turn power off and on again."

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 abaquail

abaquail

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:48 AM

I just inherited an Epson WF-2650 printer/scanner/copier from my stepdad who recently passed. I drove it home, plugged it in, turned it on. It made some noises like it was self testing or something, and then the LCD said "Please turn power off and on again." Well, as one might suspect, when I turned it off and on again, it simply gave me the same message multiple times. I have tried unplugging it for a bit, popping open and closed each compartment, and replacing the color ink cartridges. (I don't have a spare black one to try yet.) Any thoughts on how to get this thing responding?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:46 AM

Go through and make sure no paper is in the printer's paper path.

Epson says to contact support if the error does not go away. I could not find a hard reset option for this printer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users