Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fonts Too Large On Desktop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 swope1221

swope1221

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:51 PM

Hi all. I have recently been having a problem with the fonts on my desktop becoming too large and in boldface type. I haven't changed any setting, so I checked for virus and spyware. All tests came out clean. I used my AVG Pro, trend micro's online house call, ewido's online scanner, Ad-Aware, the free windows online scanner from microsoft, and windows defender. All clean. This happens at random times, and I can't pin it down. A reboot fixes it, but that is annoying. I have posted pictures of this at the following url: http://swopey78.tripod.com/ If anyone can offer any advice or fixes I would appreciate it. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:48 PM

Have you changed your desktop picture lately?

This can sometimes cause the text to change font.

#3 iqchicken

iqchicken

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:09 PM

Do you play any computer games that reset your resolution?

System:

-Windows 10 pro 64 bit

-HDD (WD10EZEX)

-MSI B75MA-P45 (MS-7798)

-Socket 1155 LGA

-AMD Radeon HD 7700

-2 STICKS OF 16GB DDR 3 RAM (G.Skill F3-10666CL9-8GBNT)

-K120 Logitech Keyboard

-Centrophorus M601 Mouse

#4 swope1221

swope1221
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:50 PM

Thanks for your replies. I haven't installed any games on my computer, but I did change the picture for my desktop, but that was at least a month ago. The fonts on the task bar, like when I point to the start button are also too large. Any other possible causes? Thanks again.

#5 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:44 PM

Is it possible that your screen resolution has changed? Do you have an icon in your tray for your video card? Is it just the fonts, or has the size of things like buttons and icons changed?

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,994 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:46 PM

I looked at the two pictures in your link, and frankly the fonts and text for your desktop icons appear unchanged. What I notice, rather, is that the wall-paper picture in the bottom picture has been stretched which might be a result of a change in screen resolution, but then I would expect the icons etc. to appear differently.

The only other thing I noticed is that the text in the pop-up message box in the first picture is in bold, which will always appear a little larger than regular text. The font size itself is the same. See the example below:

[b][size=3]This text is in bold face type.[/size][/b]

This text is in bold face type.

This text is in bold face type.

[size=3]This text is in bold face type.[/size]

Not. I kept out the word 'not' to enable better comparison of text size. As you can see, the text in bold is actually a bit larger than regular text.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users