Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can i upgrade this PC?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Citrullus

Citrullus

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:35 AM

I have this pc link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04085185 and i want to upgrade it. Since it is running slow on games (i know it isn't a gaming pc) I just want to upgrade it a bit, if i can.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:58 AM

Generally you can't do much to upgrade all in ones, they are generally made with laptop style components & have extremely limited potential for changing anything. When purchasing they are best considered to be an unimprovable  sealed box.

In this particular case:-

the processor is soldered to the motherboard so cannot be changed,

the machine has no PCI-e slots so you cannot improve the graphics

you have only 2 RAM slots - which may enable you  to increase RAM up to 16GB depending on what is currently fitted - but to do so you may need to discard the existing RAM

you could no doubt change the hard drive - possibly to a SSD (but while this could improve general responsiveness it would not improve game performance significantly)

The only way to significantly improve this for gaming is to replace it.

#3 Zone_86

Zone_86

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:09 PM

Hi with that all-in-one the best thing I could see for an upgrade would be 8+GB if total memory and possibly a fast SSD to get a better overall experience. I notice it has HD 8400 GFX (AMD APU) though the AMD APU itself is relatively week, so you might be somewhat ok there with low settings you can always toggle the in-game resolution to lower settings (from the default 1080) to get better FPS. Commonly all-in-one's are extremely limited concerning any type of gaming other than basic online type games they are meant for convenience and style.

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

Yeah thus is an issue with all in ones, no upgradability.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#5 Citrullus

Citrullus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:09 AM

Thanks for the answers. I can run most games on 55-65 fps, low res, low quality, etc. so it's fine, i just wanted to upgrade it a bit. But still thanks.

#6 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the answers. I can run most games on 55-65 fps, low res, low quality, etc. so it's fine, i just wanted to upgrade it a bit. But still thanks.

Tough luck I guess :(

#7 Citrullus

Citrullus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:04 PM

Well some games are 20-30 then i just look in the settings (not in game) and disable useless stuff (Shadows, Water etc)

#8 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:12 PM

Well some games are 20-30 then i just look in the settings (not in game) and disable useless stuff (Shadows, Water etc)

Only thing I can think of is Bloatware. Have you removed all the bloatware off that PC?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users