Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

P2PIPC across internet with iPhone software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Unk

Unk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:13 AM

I had this working fine, then had to change my router and since then, I can view cameras on iPhone software on LAN, but not across internet, on iPhone.
I have all the port forwarding sorted to view the cameras from a PC from anywhere, but although I can view my cameras from within the LAN, they fail to connect to iOS devices, or through other devices with P2PIPC software.
This tells me.
1) that the camera setup on the iPhone is correct, otherwise I would not see and control it from within the LAN.. all setup with the camera ID.
2) Router setting must be at fault somewhere..but I cannot work it out!

Cameras are used for monitoring cattle and sheep giving birth.. friends and family like to watch too, and extra eyes means they call us if they see something between our own regular checks..so it's important I get this working.

Any ideas would be most welcome.... scanning the bar codes will be difficult, as the cameras are all installed high in the barn (now with cattle in it).. all are hard wired to a gig switch, that then transmits via a point to point wifi bridge (that can connect from 15miles.. but the barn is just 150m away) to the house, and on down to the main router.
Switch configs might have been changed, but are routers set up as access points/switches only.

I have a STATIC ip to the house (cost me £5 one off payment) http and RSTP and video ports are all unique per camera and are all forwarded to the relevant internal ip addresses.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:30 AM

What model router did you have, and what model do you have now? Also, why did you change? IE Any change of or to the ISP? 

Also, can you include a screenshot or example of your port forwarding rules?

Have you tried a port scanner to see if something outside your network can follow your forwarding? Try http://www.ipfingerprints.com/portscan.php

Last, you may find this thread helpful.

Edited by Trikein, 22 January 2017 - 09:35 AM.

#3 Unk

Unk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:07 AM

Router is TP-Link TD-W8970. I switched as the router I had before was just the standard cheap box with poor range and lacked features I wanted..like FTP & NAS.
It's not so much a case of how to change a setting, but WHAT to change, when port forwarding has been proven working through I.e browser... but the PSP iOS packages don't work remotely like they used to.
Previously I emailed a screen shot of my camera list, complete with camera I'd, to friends and relatives, and it simply worked by adding the UID, username and password.
Now it simply never connects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users