Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blue screening: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sploog321

Sploog321

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:53 AM

been getting this for a while. Not sure what really triggers it. Below is the message I get after logging back in after this bluescreen:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode: a
  BCP1: 00000000
  BCP2: 0000001B
  BCP3: 00000011
  BCP4: 828BF4D5
  OS Version: 6_0_6002
  Service Pack: 2_0
  Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini012117-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Master\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-53820-0.sysdata.xml
  C:\Users\Master\AppData\Local\Temp\WER52D0.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:

----

Unsure if related or not, but I haven't been able to do any windows updates for a very long time because it checks for updates for over a day and doesn't finish checking.

Edited by Sploog321, 22 January 2017 - 01:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lmacri

lmacri

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:43 PM

been getting this for a while. Not sure what really triggers it. Below is the message I get after logging back in after this bluescreen:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1033

Hi Sploog321:

Free utilities like BlueScreenView and WhoCrashed can interpret the bug check (BC) codes in your mini-dump files and might tell you if the new NVIDIA graphics driver mentioned in your thread Windows7 display driver running on startup on my Vista desktop is involved in your BSODs, but in order to correctly diagnose this problem you should post in the Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support board and have someone perform a proper analysis of your .dmp files.  Please read jcgriff's post Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista before creating a new topic in that board.

Your bleepingcomputer user profile doesn't include any information on your system specs (see the "My Settings" section of your user profile if you ever want to add this information) so be sure to post the model of your NVIDIA graphics card and current graphics driver version if you suspect your new graphics driver is involved.

Unsure if related or not, but I haven't been able to do any windows updates for a very long time because it checks for updates for over a day and doesn't finish checking.

The "Checking for updates..." hangs and slow Windows Updates that run for several hours (or even days) is currently a common problem for many Vista SP2 users and is likely unrelated to your BSODs.  See the step-by-step instructions on page 1 of m#l's thread Updates not working, it has been searching for updates for hours in the MS Answers forum for a possible workaround.
------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox v51.0.1 * NIS v22.8.1.14 * MBAM Premium v2.2.1
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Edited by lmacri, 04 February 2017 - 03:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users