Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Diagnostic and usage data windows 10 disabled.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 windows10

windows10

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:58 AM

My diagnostic and usage data in windows 10 is greyed out and set at basic. I want to have control over entry. I am running windows Home.

I have been told that this can be solved by deleting the binary key "Allow Telemetry" at the following registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Data Collection.

My question is, is it safe to delete the "Allow Telemetry" Key.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:34 AM

You may find this of some help

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7032-diagnostic-usage-data-settings-change-windows-10-a.html

#3 windows10

windows10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:43 AM

Thanks opera for your response.  I know I can change the settings through the reg key, ie to either 0.1.2.or 3 but it still remains greyed out. I would like to have ownership of this key directly, not just through the registry. 

#4 tazmo8448

tazmo8448

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:25 AM

I have run across these issues also  ''some settings are hidden or managed by your organization'' that have popped up with versions 1703 & 1709 in fact 1709 was so balled up I went back to 1703 an changed advanced updates to the Business Branch type an delayed it 365 days (won't go into all those reason but trust me they were more than just a few)

What get's me is I am the Administrator, I am not with any organization an this is my personal home computer that I use every day. It would be nice to have control over it. I've found Local Group Policy Editor was able to revert some things back to the way they were but not all (ex. the lock screen was grayed out in settings an other personal settings after the Fall Update) was able to revert that back using LGPE some sites pointed to the LGPE in 'toast' setting but they did nothing to revert the

''some settings are hidden or managed by your organization''

I realize this is an older post an am in hopes someone else has 'solved' this or at least addressed it.

Edited by tazmo8448, 01 December 2017 - 01:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users