Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window crashes from virus?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 nadine22

nadine22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:29 PM

Hi. I found this website while looking for a solution to fix my Google.com website. So here's the thing.

A week ago, I noticed a changed upon my laptop. All of a sudden, only Google.com won't work in all browsers. So I looked up for a solution and I found this link https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68023/cant-open-googlecom-or-site-that-contains-google/

After following all the steps, still nothing changed. I ran Malwarebytes and it detected 44 threats. Cleaned them all and it asked to restart. After restart, boom! My laptop restart into recovery mode and stopped blank after scanning.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

Hi nadine22,

I will be handling your log to help you get cleaned up. Please give me some time to look it over and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience,

packetanalyzer

#3 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:49 AM

Hi nadine22,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer and thank you for posting your FRST log. You can call me packetanalyzer and I will be helping you with your removing malware from your computer. Please take a moment to review the following.

Please read my instructions completely and follow them closely.

Please do not run any tools unless and until I ask you to do so.

Please only run the tools I ask you to run.

If you have any questions at any point, please stop and ask me before you try to complete the step.

Please refrain from using your computer for any purpose other than us working together to clean malware from it until I have notified you your computer is clean.

Please be patient as most of us at Bleeping Computer are volunteers and your logs take
 time to closely analyze. If you do not hear back from me in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM.

If I do not hear from you within 3 days after any post, this thread will be closed.

++++ Step 1 Making sure you can boot your computer normally ++++

First and foremost, I want to make sure you can start your computer normally. You said that you restarted your computer and it came up in recovery mode. I am going to provide you a list of questions and then ask you to restart your computer. Please pay attention to the computer rebooting and answer the questions after it finishes its process.

1. Does your computer display any error messages?
  2. Does your computer make any beeping noises (if so how many short beeps and how many long beeps)
  3. Who makes your computer (Dell, IBM, Lenovo, etc.) and what model is it?

Please press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice from the recovery mode screen. That should restart your computer. If that does not work, please press and hold the power button for 8 seconds until your computer turns off. When you computer turns off turn it back on.

When your computer turns on please make sure you select "Start Windows Normally" if you are asked.

Please let me know if your computer started normally or if it started in recovery mode again.

Cheers,

packetanalyzer

#4 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

Hi Nadine22,

Do you still need help? If so, please reply to the last post. If not, we will close this thread so we can assist other people.

Thank you,

packetanalyzer

#5 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:39 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users