Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First Time Build, Monitor receiving no signal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mangomunch

Mangomunch

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:06 PM

Hello guys! So today I finished a my first build and after hours of work, everything appears to be in working order. However, I plug in my DVI-D cable into my monitor and graphics card, the monitor when turned on flashes VGA, HDMI, and DVI (I believe checking to see which is being used) and then it flashes "No signal" before going into stand-by mode. Ive tried using HDMI instead of DVI-D in order to see if that changed anything but no luck. My video card only has DVI-D and HDMI ports. Ive made sure that the video card is seated correctly and there doesnt appear to be any cable not plugged within the tower. Im thinking that either there is a compatibility issue (ive tried plugging the monitor into an older monitor and it showed no signal as well) or perhaps unfortunately one of the parts is bad even though they all appear to be in working condition.

My specs are:

Intel Core i5-6600k

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Atx LGA1151

G.Skill Ripjaws V series 2x8GB ddr4

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070

EVGA 750W Power Supply

ACER H236HLbid Monitor 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:15 PM

If the monitor does not work on 2 different systems I would assume that the monitor is defective - but check it on a known working system.

When you have a known working monitor if it still doesn't work on your new build I would remove the graphics card & connect the monitor to the motherboard's on board graphics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users