Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desperate to get ASUS ET2012EUTAS running again...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ISeeInHD

ISeeInHD

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:32 PM

First, please pardon my technological ignorance in advance.  I'm somewhat savvy and can take direction well if anyone is willing to help me... please.

I have an Asus ET2012EUTS All-in-One PC that has been a constant source of issue.  Currently, I'm trying to reinstall the operating system (Windows 10) because it just won't boot up any more.  But All I can get is a screen that says the Following;

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system

File:\Boot\BCD

Error code: 0xc0000098

You'll need to use recovery tools.  If you don't have the installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PD/Device manufacturer.

The OS I'm trying to reinstall was supposedly from a backup taken from the native install (upgraded from windows 7), as my neighbor once setup for me (he's now gone).

Where do I begin?  Is there any hope to get this machine productive again?  I'd rather not spend $500 for another AIO touchscreen PC.  I have to think there is a way to get this live again... and I would be extremely thankful to anyone that might be able to help guide me.  I'm really at a loss here.

Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ISeeInHD

ISeeInHD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:41 PM

Update: I tried the Disc my former neighbor also said was a copy of the OS and it booted to the installation screen, but now at the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen is says "we couldn't find any drives.  To get a storage driver, click load driver."

Except when I do... surprise... it doesn't find any.  I went to the Asus website support page for this unit and there are no drivers explicitly noted as being for storage drives... 

Stuck again....

#3 Kronks2

Kronks2

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:38 PM

I think you need to boot from a linux CD or so some kind of diaognic cd

The is some stuff here you can run from USB or CD assuming you can make the media, if you need your PC working to make the media you

would have to use another PC or you could no doubt buy something off ebay etc.....

Could be the hard drive has failed????

https://techtalk.gfi.com/top-5-free-rescue-discs-for-your-sys-admin-toolkit/

Or.......... you could try something like this ie a linux USB with persistance, so you run from the USB you don't need

a hard drive and you can also save stuff.

Note to buy a blank USB cost the same so you get something ie new USB stick anyway.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UBUNTU-16-10-LIVE-USB-8GB-ALL-VERSIONS-4GB-PERSISTENCE-Linux-KDE-LXDE-MATE-XFCE-/112191514252?var=&hash=item1a1f22a68c:m:m8Ae31N0_x0Cik3PhVkOfqg

I might get one of those myself!!!!

I order a USB recently and it cost about the same, but it was 16gb and USB 3.0.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users