Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

a worm wont let me save images and corrupts file headers when copping

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nagawolf

nagawolf

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:54 PM

the title says it all. i can do anything else. handle word and video files but when i try to save a picture in any image format i get a message saying can not save to drive. and if i copy and past or drag and drop the image file header gets corrupted.

Edited by hamluis, 22 January 2017 - 10:57 AM.
Moved from W10 Spt to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kronks2

Kronks2

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:06 PM

can u do save image as?

#3 nagawolf

nagawolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:12 AM

No I get the same message. I tried reinstalling windows without deleting my photos docs and what not and it worked until I touched the photos I last saved. The only worm I found was a key logger. So the worm is on the images them selves. Any suggestions on a removal program. I deleted the infected photos. I jus want to be sure it is gone

#4 nagawolf

nagawolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:33 AM

I can run my image program without any problems in safe mode so it seams to be just in the search save and copy script. So far rogue killer and mess often can't find it. I will try r kill next

#5 nagawolf

nagawolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:46 AM

Is there anything I can use to reset the windows read/write witch seams to be what was infected. I know I can f disk. But I would like to just fix it.

#6 Kronks2

Kronks2

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:14 PM

You says " a worm" which worm?

#7 Kronks2

Kronks2

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:21 PM

No I get the same message. I tried reinstalling windows without deleting my photos docs and what not and it worked until I touched the photos I last saved. The only worm I found was a key logger. So the worm is on the images them selves. Any suggestions on a removal program. I deleted the infected photos. I jus want to be sure it is gone

What do you mean by "touched"

What are you using to save images.

The whole of your post is rather vauge, obviolus you know what you are talk about but it is not clear to me, you neeed to understand

that I can't read you mind so you hvae to spepcify everything really.

Anyhow I don't see how the worm can be on on the images, images are not executable unless they exploit and existing flaw in ythe operationg system or program you use

to acces the image.

If there is a vius in the omahge virus scanner wil pick it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users