Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Desctop Icons Keeps Refreshing Randomly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MkRider

MkRider

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

Hey there, first I like to say that i tried almost all possible "solutions" I've found about why this refreshing icons might happen and all failed to solve the same here.

I tried everything from rebuilding IconCache to scanning system using premium Malwarebites and the problem still occurs from time to time. It is happening from time to time but constantly refreshing for a minute or two then stops and after some time it happens again like that.

Also no errors in app log so really don't know why it happens. I don't have any cracked programs installed. The only thing i can attach to this problem is that I recently upgraded my ram memory to 16G and before it was the stock ones which is 8g, so maybe that is causing the icon refresh?

Anyway, can someone walk me through to see what can cause this? Because, alltho it is not causing my lap top to run slowly or whatever related problems, it is really annoying and my eye simply catches it lol

Again, it's just the desktop icons and I have a lot of them sitting there, because i work much on my laptop

Very thank in advance.

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MkRider

MkRider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:33 AM

No one?