Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Text-to-Speech not working when using the POP Peeper program

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cpsi3rd

cpsi3rd

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:53 PM

Good evening everyone,

I'm experiencing a problem with the Text-to-Speech function on my computer.

[NOTE]:  I revised topic to better clarify the issue I am having & reduce the size of this post..

[Description of problem]

The Preview Voice function (Text-to-Speech) accessed through the Control Panel, is not working on my computer.  When I click on the [Preview Voice] button, all that happens is I see a blue-colored box moving across the sample text in the box above the button.

Microsoft Anna is the only voice available on this machine.
[Computer is a recently-acquired, refurbished Dell Inspiron Desktop, Win 7 Home Premium SP1 x64].

[Remedial measures tried thus far]

1. Performed scans with SAS, MBAM and MSE. No issues found.

2. Checked Windows Updates to see if there were any optional updates relevant to sound/audio issues. Nothing found.

My question: Could someone explain why this is occurring and how I might resolve this problem?

I've tried searching the forums here, as well as, the Internet, but have not been able to find anything about this specific type of problem.  ** I also posted this same inquiry over at the SevenForums yesterday, but have yet to receive any response(s).

Thank you for your time and any help!

Edited by cpsi3rd, 21 January 2017 - 06:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

FWIW:  http://www.esumsoft.com/Forums/ .  And https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14199/windows-7-setting-speech-option .

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 21 January 2017 - 01:14 PM.

#3 cpsi3rd

cpsi3rd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

Thank you very much for the info/links, Louis! :thumbup2:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:46 PM

Easily done.  Let us know how it goes :).

Louis

#5 cpsi3rd

cpsi3rd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:52 AM

Good morning Louis & everyone,

Just a note here to let you know the problem with the Text-to-Speech function has been resolved - and quite by accident.

When I re-tested this morning, by clicking on the [Preview Voice] button & the volume controls again at maximum...I put one of the speakers up against my ear.  I could just barely hear the sample text being spoken.

I re-checked the speaker/computer connections again...moving the speakers a little bit in the process.  I then clicked the [Preview Voice] button once again.  This time the speech came through loud and clear!

I'm guessing one of the two connections were not as secure as they should have been - despite the fact those connections were among the first few things I did when the problem began.

Cheers everyone! :bounce:

Edited by cpsi3rd, 23 January 2017 - 05:54 AM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:01 AM

Glad you resolved it...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users