Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help with a 2 laptop comparison

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 frusciante54

frusciante54

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:09 PM

Hello, I don't understand hardware that much. I only know the basic stuff. Some computers have more RAM but less cpu speed, some of them have less RAM but more CPU speed. Something like that I guess

So in my budget I've chosen 2 computers. They're at the same price. But I couldn't decide which one was better.

ACER E5-553G-T7Q5 : 

RAM 8 GB (DDR4)

CPU AMD A10 - 2.4GHZ (3.3 Turbo) - 2 MB Cache [A10-9600P}

GPU : 2 GB (AMD)

HDD : 1 TB (SATA)

ACER E5-571G-304Q :

RAM : 4 GB (DDR3)

CPU : INTEL Core i3 - 2.0 GHZ - 3 MB CACHE [5005U]

GPU : 2 GB (NVIDIA)

HDD 500 GB (SATA)

So the first computer has more RAM, more HDD storage and a faster processor (I'm talking about the GHZ's)

...whereas the second computer has 1 mb more cache in CPU, but it sacrifices like 500 gb's of storage and 4 gb's of RAM. I mean only 1 mb of cache in CPU, is it really expensive that they had to sacrifice 4 GBs of RAM and 500 GBs of disk space?

So, which one would be faster? I'm thinking that the second computer sacrificed all that RAM and HDD storage to put a faster proccessor. So the second computer would run faster, with less storage, right? But on the other hand, the first one has 4 GB's of more RAM - I thought more RAM would mean a faster computer. I'm really confused.

I mean I don't know. I'm not an expert. If you could tell me which one would be the optional one, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:20 AM

Imagine a desk. If you had a small desk then how much paperwork, books, utensils could you put on it? Not much. If you had a larger desk then you could fit all that on and if your desk was massive then it wouldn't make a difference as you don't use all that space. If you can understand this then you understand how RAM works.

Anyway, what do you want to use your computer for and what is your budget? But if I were you, I'd go for the 8GB model since the CPU might actually be faster and newer than the i3. Although I don't know the exact model of the GPU's on both systems. That will probably be of little difference as the first one looks to be much better value.

Edited by hamluis, 23 January 2017 - 11:32 AM.

#3 frusciante54

frusciante54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

Thank you. Aand the price for the first laptop just went up. I don't know why but it changes everyday. It was around 425 when I started this topic but now it's 479. So the first one is actually more espensive. So I guess I should buy that one - when the price goes down and there's like a tax discount in December. That makes a huge difference.

Well, my budget is around 450-500 dollars. (Currency issues  :smash: ) and of course I'm not expecting the computer to run GTA 5 or Crysis 3 but at least it should run the games released before 2014. What I mostly do is watch Youtube videos but of course I'm planning on playing games.

Thank you.

#4 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:54 AM

It is a pretty good deal. The GTX 950 M is a weak GPU but it is a 768p Screen which helps (lower resolution but better performance). For future reference here's a link to a site which contains the specs (Translation is needed): http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/acer-e5-amd-a10-9600p-2-4ghz-8gb-1tb-hdd-15-6-2gb-w10-notebook.html

And heres one for the intel Laptop (Translation is needed): http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/acer-e5-571g-core-i3-5005u-2ghz-4gb-ram-500gb-hdd-15-6-2gb-w10-notebook.html#ozellikler

Edited by hamluis, 23 January 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#5 frusciante54

frusciante54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:20 AM

Yeah the visual quality don't have to be that good, it's gonna be better than I already have anyway. So yes, the performance is the first priority of course. If the first one's performance is going to be better, then I'll prefer that one.

By the way that's the exact site that I was looking. :D

#6 DellaVedova

DellaVedova

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:30 PM

As you take the performance as the the first priority, so I recommend you choose the first one, because the performance is mostly determined by CPU, and AMD A10-9600P is equal to i3 6100, so it is better than i35005U. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users