Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth personal area connection?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dan952d

dan952d

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:34 PM

Norton wouldn't let me download the Minitoolbox because it was unsafe.  I disabled Norton, downloaded, and was wondering about this Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) with the media disconnected.
Also my user profile can't be found and any changes I make are erased when I log off.
I've gone through 4 computers since signing up with CenturyLink because of it being hacked.
Yesterday, I had an Administrator user with no user details, couldn't do much and my user password didn't work.  I reimaged the disc and everything seems to be working fine.
Attached is the minitoolbox summary.
Am I being hacked my kids' mom?Attached File  MTB.txt   32.04KB   3 downloads

Edit: Moved topic from Networking to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

Might want to go through some of the many "how to do safe computing" tutorials on the web.  First step though is securing physical access.  Bios password is the best way to start.  This way they can't even get to a logon screen.  Just don't forget it :-)

Using an administrator account only is not even recommended by Microsoft.

Reasons are many: starting with the fact that anything you do, like get malware, under your account has full privileges, due to your being admin, to anything it wants. 

Are you using passwords that can't be guessed? 

Unless something is being stolen from you, you are not being hacked. Simply put hackers are thieves. Clearly you have some concerns about an ex.  Seen this many times over the years and have yet to see it pan out unless she has physical access to your laptop.

Bluetooth is for connecting keyboards, mice, etc.  You can disable it if you desire but it is a doubtful vector for your issues.

How old is your laptop and what do you use it for?

#3 dan952d

dan952d
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:23 PM

I bought this a few months ago.  When I tried getting on my computer, an administrator user was my option but my computer stated that the GUI wasn't found, disconnected, or on another computer.  This was after I used ADS to erase a bunch of hidden files.  I then switched users to mine and my password didn't work.  After about an hour I reverted to an earlier save point and my password worked. 

I've also found a blurry picture of an oriental girl in perhaps a bar.  One time I was looking at the event viewer and was writing down the ip address and when I was done, I saw the ip address change domain owner or something like that.  The ip address belonged to google group 6 Mark Monitor in the Mountain Time (I'm Pacific and my time has been changed to Mountain from Pacific on my last computer).

Do you know if I'm supposed to have a lot of users like:

Administrator       LAPTOP

Administrators     LAPTOP

ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES

ANONYMOUS LOGON

Authenticated Users

Authentication authority asserted identity

BATCH

CONSOLE LOGON

CREATOR GROUP

CREATOR OWNER

dan dukes (ganduke0@gmail.com)   LAPTOP

DefaultAccount     LAPTOP

DIALUP

Distributer COM Users    LAPTOP

Event Log Readers    LAPTOP

Everyone

Guest     LAPTOP

Guests     LAPTOP

IIS_IUSRS     LAPTOP

INTERACTIVE

IUSR

Local account

Local account and member of Administrators group

LOCAL SERVICE

NETWORK

NETWORK SERVICE

OWNER RIGHTS

Performance Log Users     LAPTOP

Performance Monitor Users    LAPTOP

REMOTE INTERACTIVE LOGON

Remote Management Users      LAPTOP

SERVICE

Service asserted identity

SYSTEM

System Managed Accounts Group     LAPTOP

TERMINAL SERVER USER

This Organization Certificate

Users     LAPTOP

I hope you can answer my questions and thank you for your time if you do.  I've been reading Bleeping computer trying Tweaking in between trying to raise two kids by myself while scraping almost a life by selling crap on eBay.  That's what I use the computer for.

Also, do you know why the MTB states this:

Error: (01/19/2017 08:02:32 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service) (User: LAPTOP-RJB2UNS6)
Description: Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

Thanks again for taking the time.  I have to package up some things and take them to FedEx and USPS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users