Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The file is possibly corrupt on Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MihailProg

MihailProg

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:43 PM

I have a desktop PC with this hardware, and when i try to boot in my Windows 10 installation i get the "The file is possibly corrupt the file header checksum does not match the computed checksum.". 

Architecture:          x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:            Little Endian
CPU(s):                4
On-line CPU(s) list:   0-3
Thread(s) per core:    1
Core(s) per socket:    4
Socket(s):             1
NUMA node(s):          1
Vendor ID:             GenuineIntel
CPU family:            6
Model:                 23
Model name:            Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q8300  @ 2.50GHz
Stepping:              10
CPU MHz:               2000.000
CPU max MHz:           2500.0000
CPU min MHz:           2000.0000
BogoMIPS:              5000.08
Virtualization:        VT-x
L1d cache:             32K
L1i cache:             32K
L2 cache:              2048K
NUMA node0 CPU(s):     0-3
Flags:                 fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl aperfmperf eagerfpu pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 xsave lahf_lm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority dtherm

I got this error after my brother messed with my PC, he probably rebooted it while it was updating, because this usually causes files to get corrupt, also i read some other answers on issues similar to my, and for them it was the RAM memory, so i runned memtest86 and i got 98% pass in 40 minutes.

I will try removing the RAM memory if needed, and also i am not able to go to safe mode because the bootloader (Windows) doesn't load and when i press F8 nothing happens, it just continues to the error message.

Also i also have Ubuntu Gnome running on the other hard drive, and i have the Grub bootloader as my main bootloader, so when i make grub load the Windows bootloader it shows the error message a second later, but this is irrelevant to the problem because i installed Ubuntu after the problem happened without modifying the first drive (only i modified the master boot record) and everything to my Windows installation stayed the same.

And i need Windows because of two programs, FL Studio 12.4 and Visual Studio 2015, i need FL Studio because LMMS sucks, and i need Visual Studio because MonoDevelop can be a pain in the *censored*.

Thanks for reading this, i hope we somehow solve this because i'm not reinstalling it again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:14 AM

I have no clue how to get around the GRUB installation.  Fixes that I know require that you get into Startup Repair.

I'd suggest posting over in the LInux forums for more expert assistance.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 MihailProg

MihailProg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:44 PM

So i formatted my first partition (the one called System Reserved), and i re-installed Windows 10 on my second partition where the original files were, then i installed Grub2Win and now i can boot into both Windows 10 and Ubuntu with no issues, and also i have my Windows Updates service disabled so that won't happen to me again, and i never cared about security to have my updates on because what will the "hackers" find on my Hard Drive, my small 4chan gore collection (only 4GB of JPG images) or my source code of the software i code that is open-source and can be found on GitHub?

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:29 AM

I'm glad that you fixed it - and surprised that there weren't any serious problems with GRUB.

Don't forget that updates are also fixes for performance and stability.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users