Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Can't Open XLR, GWD, and WPS Files in Windows 10.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:06 PM

Sure would appreciate any insight into how I can get these files to open.  When I try it looks more like machine language.

Thanks for any and all help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,034 posts
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

I'm not sure what the GWD file is but the WPS and XLR are possible Microsoft Works files. LibreOffice can open WPS files but I'm not sure about the XLR files.

#3 SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:16 PM

XLR is a file extension for a spreadsheet file used by Microsoft Works. XLR files can contain either spreadsheet or chart data, and can be opened with Microsoft Works, Excel, and the Excel Viewer.

A GWD file is a watchface design project created by Gear Watch Designer, an application used by developers to create faces for Samsung watches such as Gear S, Gear S2, Gear S3, and Gear Fit2.

The WPS file format is very similar to the DOC format, it too is a text document but it is created with Microsoft Works Word Processor; and does not include advanced formatting options and macros that a Word document may contain. Most versions of Microsoft Word can open a WPS file, as well as Microsoft Publisher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users