Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my network does not recognize samsung smart tv

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 smilezrcool

smilezrcool

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

I have a Samsung Model# un32j5205 smart tv.  I am trying to get my network to recognize the television.  I have a netgear Model# WNR33500L v2 router.  I cannot get the router to find or recognize the television.  I have followed the directions that came with the television.  I have tried an Ethernet cable also.  not sure if I am missing a step.  Contacted Samsung and they said the same thing as the instructions.  I have a wireless printer and two computers connected to the wireless network.  Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:20 PM

http://kb.netgear.com/19980/How-to-connect-a-Samsung-TV-to-a-wireless-network?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

?

Edited by SpywareDoc, 19 January 2017 - 07:20 PM.

Doc

___________Microsoft Safety & Security Center___________
\____________________ ____.-.____ ____________________/
\_____________\ -._)!(_.- /_____________/
\_______\. ~\ /~ ./_______/
\_______/

#3 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:19 PM

Try setting your wireless mode to 802.11n and not 802.11g/b for wireless connectivity. As for ethernet, how did it not work? Did the TV see that ethernet was plugged in? Did it get a IP? Invalid IP? Error message?

#4 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:57 AM

I have a Netgear Model# WNR33500L v2 router.  The firmware in the router is corrupt according to the lights on the router.  I tried updating the firmware according to the manual but that did not work.  I cannot access the router with username and password.  I have tried to reset to factory settings by pushing and holding the red button on the router but still no access.  How can I access the router to update the firmware?  Do you know of a site that I could go to and see if my Samsung Model# un32j5205 smart tv is compatible with the Netgear WNR33500L v2 router.  My internet provider is Suddenlink.  Thanks

#5 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:46 PM

I have a Netgear Model# WNR33500L v2 router.  The firmware in the router is corrupt according to the lights on the router.  I tried updating the firmware according to the manual but that did not work.  I cannot access the router with username and password. 

If your router's firmware is corrupt, then that is probably causing the problem, and not a compatible issue. How long has the firmware been like that? Do you know what caused it? Were you trying to update the firmware before? If you can't access the router,  then there is generally no way to update the firmware. You might be able to do it with TFTP but I am not sure if it's compatible with your model. See here for instructions to try.

Please note, this will reset ALL settings on the router, including the wireless network name and password, so be prepared for your internet to go down as you do this.

#6 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

Ok.  Not sure how long light has been blinking.  Did not try to update firmware before.  Not sure what caused the problem.  On Netgear website, service is unavailable.  Thanks for all the help.

#7 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

Do you still have the CD that came with the router? If so, there might be software on it that can help.

#8 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:27 PM

no cd came with the router

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users