Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burn to CD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hikermann

Hikermann

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:10 PM

MacBook 10.6.8:  

GOAL:  Copy multiple podcasts from iTunes library and burn to CD-Rom

PROBLEM:  Copy and burn works fine; however, the typical "breaks between tunes" enabling one to click from one to the next during playback doesn't seem to happen with the podcasts -- meaning, I can play the first one on the CD, but when attempting to forward to the next, it merely returns to the beginning of the first one.

RESULT:  Apparently one can only burn one podcast per CD, and would need to burn additional single podcasts on individual CDs

ANY HELP?  1.  Is it possible to place the breaks manually?  2.  If so, how?  3. Or should they automatically have been inserted during the burn process?

Much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:16 PM

Best I could suggest is to try to burn them outside of iTunes. They likely are just MP3 files (that is the case with at least one of the podcasts that I listen to). If you do it just from the Finder, then it will be an MP3 disc (assuming all the podcasts are MP3 files) and a MP3 disc should play on most recent car stereos with a CD player (I am assuming you want it for a car or maybe a home CD player).

If you need it as an actual "audio CD", then you could look to a third party music program that can burn songs to disc.

I will also try it on my end if I have time (and I can find a blank CD...don't really use them anymore...I listen to podcasts on my iPhone) to see if I can get it to work from within iTunes. I will note, however, that I am running macOS 10.10.5 with iTunes 12.5.x, so there might be differences that maybe could cause it to work for me, but not for you.

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:20 PM

PROBLEM:  Copy and burn works fine; however, the typical "breaks between tunes" enabling one to click from one to the next during playback doesn't seem to happen with the podcasts -- meaning, I can play the first one on the CD, but when attempting to forward to the next, it merely returns to the beginning of the first one.

Does know for sure that it is that the other podcast are not there or that is might not be properly inserting the breaks (i.e. all the podcasts are "smushed" together?

Also, how long are the podcasts? I ask because keep in mind that if you burn it as an actual "audio disc" (as opposed to a MP3 disc), then it will only have a run time of about 74 minutes. So, if the first podcast is longer than that, you will not get multiple podcasts on one disc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users