Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ogame?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Koc

Koc

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:23 PM

www.ogame.org

www.ogame.dk

www.ogame.de

www.ogame.pl

www.ogame.com.tr

and many other languages

I used to play but it tooked to much of my time so I stopped. I used to be at least in top 100 when I played. Once I was in top 6 ;)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HydroLar

HydroLar

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Yes, I am replying to a post that is over 6 years old. I found out about 'Ogame' here in this forum and now I'm addicted. Anyone else playing...?

-HydroLar
Posted Image

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

#3 Dacar92

Dacar92

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

I never heard of it before. Whats it like/about? Is it completely free or are there micros?

Edited by Dacar92, 21 December 2012 - 05:23 PM.

What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes? -- The Doctor

#4 HydroLar

HydroLar

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Ogame is a multi-player, browser-run game. You intially get a planet and your job is to develop it; to build power stations, mineral mines, research labs and the all-important defense capabilities such as rockets, lasers, ships, etc. The fun comes when others attack you in the goal of taking over the universe.

-HydroLar
Posted Image

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

#5 Sjambok

Sjambok

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

I just began playing Ogame last night, after this thread renewed my curiousity about it. I had read some very mixed reviews of Ogame on Gameogre several months earlier. What had put me off from trying it was posts there like, "...and then another far stronger, highly ranked player came in and wiped out months of game time, even though I was nowhere near their level", or words to that effect. Since it looks like I can just leave it running in the background without constant input like an fps,I'm willing to give it a try. I like the science fiction genre, anyway. What I'd love to see would be a MMORPG version of the old Origin game, Privateer. Anyone remember that one?

#6 HydroLar

HydroLar

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Having a higher ranked player wipe out a lot of your work could happen although from what I understand defenses, ships and satellites will be the only things to go - and defenses will regenerate up to 70%. Of course all your resources will be stolen...

But I've not been attacked yet so I cannot be certain of this.

I try to present myself as an undesirable target that would cost more resource attacking me than what they would get. I only keep a few satellites in orbit so their destruction would only mean a small and worthless debris field, I do not have a fleet to take out and I have enough defenses to damage a lot of attacking ships. In other words, there are fatter and easier targets than me.

Let me know how the game works out for you.

-HydroLar

Edited by HydroLar, 17 January 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Morghur

Morghur

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

It's very frustrating game, I left 2 years ago and I feel healthy

#8 plusy88

plusy88

• Members
  • 2 posts