Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing graphics (red "x"box) on ad banners IE6

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 deptom

deptom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 10 December 2004 - 05:34 AM

I've installed and reinstalled my IE6 and still some of the ad banners are missing. All I see is an empty box with a red "x" on it. In some sites, it says "Action cancelled".

I've applied several solutions recommended in several forums including the MS support such as setting to default everything in Internet Options under Tools to no avail.

Can anybody help me pls? It's been like this for days. My OS is Win98SE, P4 2ghz, 40 gighdd, nvidia fx5200 128 video card.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 13 December 2004 - 08:49 AM

Sounds like you have an ad-blocker running or maybe you have a 'HOSTS' file which can be used to block ads and unsavoury websites.
Have you installed 'SpyBot Search & Destroy'? If you have, you may have used it's option to create a HOSTS file which contains a list of websites which are automatically blocked. Do a search on C drive for a file called HOSTS (just HOSTS, no extension). If found, temporarily rename it to NOHOSTS. Then see how Internet Explorer behaves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users