Wasn't exactly sure where to post this because I am unsure what is causing the problem.
Customer brought this to me to fix
HP Pavilion 500-164
AMD Elite Quad Core A8-6500 Accelerated Processor
AMD Radeon HD 8570D Graphics
Originally installed with Windows 8 but upgraded to 10
1. Customer says his printer went offline and he can't get it back plus he is having a number of other issues with the computer. He tried to reinstall Win 10 through recovery like he has before but it wouldn't work. He asked me to reinstall windows from scratch.
2. I tried the same recovery option from within Windows but it failed every time.
3. I downloaded ISO image of Windows 10 (64 bit) from Microsoft and burned the image to DVD
4. Set boot order to start with DVD
5. Loaded DVD with ISO and the computer would get as far as "Press any key to load from CD/DVD" but never loaded. It would continue to load from the HD
6. To make matters worse about half the time the DVD would not be detected when trying to load the ISO. I would go to the boot order in BIOS and the DVD player would be listed. I would have to unplug from power for a bit for it to find it again. I would eventually make it so only the DVD would be listed as a possible boot option and then it stopped disappearing.
7. I created two more ISO images from Microsoft thinking maybe the original was corrupt. They wouldn't work either.
8. I took the HD out and reformatted the C: and recovery partitions thinking something on the HD was preventing the ISO from working. ISO still didn't work and the computer tries to Automatically fix itself which always fails of course.
9. I even tried a 32 bit version of Win 10 thinking maybe I was wrong about the version but all my research after reformatting the HD points to 64 bit version.
10. I downloaded Minitool Partition thinking I need to delete both partitions and then recreate the partitions but Minitool Partition will only load to the opening screen. Once I hit enter to continue a black rectangle appears and it eventually restarts.
I am out of ideas of how to fix this.
Could it be the DVD player/burner? The BIOS?