Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

My Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:57 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/637283/creating-my-1st-own-pc-help-with-fitting-parts - Hamluis.

Agreed madmanRB

Man all this talk of upgrading is making me want to upgrade too now, like people that keep talking about food and it makes you hungry :)

I think this is a mobo for me combined with a 4 core AMD FX cpu, could get both and just pop em in my case with all my old hardware for like $200 or less and im good.

High points of the mobo for me IDE,floppy,serial port, twin ps2, twin pci 32bit, cheap board too.

Don't want more cores cus "A" games don't use em "B" more heat "C" uses more power so if you overclock might pop the board.

theirs a 4 core as well with half the cash ram that's 95TDP vs 125TDP for the same chip with more cash ram, just to get the heat down i might take the one with less cash ram but i don't know how much that would impact performance.

Voltage regulator module dousen't have cooling though on that mobo :(

Id probably ghetto mod something on that topic, asrock recommends good cooling for their mobo if you use a 125TDP cpu and i know theirs a 8 core AMD out their that's not even supported by this mobo and its 220TDP and id want to overclock my chip to close to 5000mgz, nothing ghetto modding heat stinks can't fix.

Waring on this list every time they start talking about 125TDP cpus, Voltage regulator module cooling problem imho.

Edited by hamluis, 19 January 2017 - 06:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:15 PM

I'm looking at the reviews for your MB and they don't look incredible to be honest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users