Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Phone's lowest volume it still too loud

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brian2009

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:30 AM

It's an Alcatel "One Touch Pop Icon" using OS 4.4.2 Kit Kat.

The apps I've tried don't seem to get it to a lower setting. I never use head phones. I doubt it's a problem with just my phone. I think it's working as designed. It's just too loud in a quiet setting.

Is there a way to safely dampen the volume at the speaker? It's in a case so I suppose I could put something over the speaker but I'm concerned that simply putting some tape over it might mess with the speaker's engineering.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

I think the tape is a good idea. The thicker the better.

I don't know how that would hurt the speaker because it's hidden behind a grill down inside the phone.

#3 Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,384 posts
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

It's not free and doesn't work with every device. It does have a 7 day fully fuctional trial to test compatiability with your device. It does have more granular controls than most apps of this type. It's an app called Fine Volume Control: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=opotech.finevolumev2&hl=en

EDIT: High volume at the lowest setting was a known issue with some devices with the KitKat OS, and earlier OS's as well.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Nzyme

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

have you tried Precise Volume (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phascinate.precisevolume)

#5 Mibo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:58 AM

Just access engineering mode [just google it] then Hardware Testing then audio then either normal mode or headset mode.

Select the type you want, probably media then just change the values. Each level stands for each step in the volumes rocker. level 0 is at one step not mute.

Edited by Mibo, 03 November 2017 - 06:02 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users