Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Miss configuration setting not sure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ValerieProia

ValerieProia

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

about a year ago I upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10. but since then I have had all kinds of problems. I did a reformat of my pc just the other day, some how it still has logs from 7/16/2016 from 4:43 am and I know I was not on at that time. I still don't understand how they could still be on there after doing a complete whip (or so I thought it was) of my pc. Now because of something not sure, my wireless network card wont let me connecting to my network (it showing all the network but seems like other people around me) are using my pc to connect to my wifi. I can connect to the internet but have to plug straight into my router. Can someone help me please. I have no clue what I'm doing here or what has been going on here. Complete dump to all this stuff.

Thank you advance.

Valerie Proia

Edited by ValerieProia, 18 January 2017 - 10:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

Can you do two things to supply some information on your computer and its possible problems please.

First, download MiniToolBox by Farber, a free download from BC and you can get it here -

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Save it to your desktop and run it after you have ticked the 'All' box at the top of the little screen. It will produce a report file called 'Report.txt' on your desktop. Open this with Notepad or any text editor and copy /paste the contents into your next post.

Second, download 'Speccy' by Piriform, another free download from BC which you can get here -

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/speccy/

This is the portable version so save it to your desktop and run it from there. When it has finished running you can get a URL which links to its report, these two images show how -

speccy-log-image-1.jpg

speccy-log-image-2.jpg

Post the URL from Speccy - only the URL. The format it produces the report in is much more easily readable than a text report

Post back,

Chris Cosgrove

PS  It is possible Speccy will not run on Win 10. If it doesn't just post the MiniToolBox report.

CC

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 20 January 2017 - 06:32 PM.
Add PS

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users