Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bitdefender won't load

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dani44

Dani44

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:42 PM

I am trying to reload a clean copy of Bitdefender on my windows 7 computer,  I was getting a Bitdefender Account window that kept popping up every 6 min blocking my screen that was blank. I followed the instructions from BD and removed all old antivirus software, ran a scan file (100%), restarted and tried to load. I am able to lpg in to my account and download the software to my computer as they describe but when I go to Run the download I get a download message that first says slow internet access, then no internet access, Internet speed is 26 and access has been consistent. I can't get past this point. thanks!  Side note: This is the computer that it was running on. I was not able to upgrade to Windows 10 months back, for some unknown reason though, if that helps anything

Edited by Dani44, 18 January 2017 - 05:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:30 AM

Hello there,

Exactly which antivirus products have you removed? Have you used the special removal tools for each product (including Bitdefender)?

I should be able to pull up a few guides that others have posted around here if you let me know which ones.

It'll involve completely removing all former antivirus programs, including current copy of Bitdefender, and then reinstalling Bitdefender. It's a more technical aspect of things, because former programs tend to leave some junk around or need specialized tools to remove the remnants and orphans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users