Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bug fixed but sales not coming in

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aman1325

aman1325

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

Hi

We have an ecommerce website and send email campaigns to improve sales. Last month we had a bug and the site was not checking out on mobile phones so i asked the programmer to fix that bug. But it works only after you clear your cache. I sent an email campaign after the bug was fixed and got 900 clicks on products but no sales. How do i come to know that customers who clicked had the problem since my earlier campaigns and were not able to buy as they had not cleared their cache?

Edited by hamluis, 18 January 2017 - 04:40 PM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,133 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:39 PM

Sounds to me...if I'm interpreting correctly...something that could be addressed via a simple questionaire/poll of customers or prospective customers involved before/during the mishap.  Your customers understand that glitches do occur and methinks the best stance is to acknowledge such and attempt to elicit feedback.

Most of us are aware that such situations may occur when engaging in e-commerce.  Explaining what may have happened and why...and what measures have taken to correct the situation...I would think that's the best chance of negating possible negative impacts.

Louis

#3 aman1325

aman1325
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:44 PM

Hi

Thank you. Will try to see if my boss approves that..

Regards

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:58 PM

Allow me to attempt to rephrase the problem to see if I am understanding it correctly.

You have a website and send out emails advertising it. The site went down, you fixed it, but requires user to clear temp. You see you had 900 people visit your site within that period, but no sales. You want to know if the loss of sales were due to the bug.

First thing I would do is check if you can make a sale now and that everything is working. The last thing you want to do is send people a email asking if they could use the site to buy stuff if that is still broken. It will also allow you to check if the site is properly reporting sales too. 

Besides that, what data do you collect from users going to the site? 

Last, I would suggest a message on the sign in screen over a email. That way people aren't confused or block a email asking them to change settings on their PC. A message asking them to do it right on the webpage they are signing into would be less suspect and IMO more professional.

#5 aman1325

aman1325
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:59 AM

Hi.. Thanks for the suggestion.. Also, does the cache expire eventually??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users