Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Out Dated Video Card?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 suzeybq

suzeybq

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:31 PM

HI, I just went and bought a new monitor for my daughters computer, because I thought the old vga monitor was what was giving me the problems. Here is the story so far on her computer :
I updated from Win 98 to ME, went to install new printer... needed to change settings on the monitor as they are huge 640 x 480. Couldn't do it. So I thought it was the monitor, I went out and spent $200 on a new LCD monitor, and I am getting the same settings. I am only having 16 colors come up, and 640 x 480 is the only setting I can get.
I guess my question is this : do i need to down load a newer driver to go with the monitor, or am I hooped and need to go and buy a new graphics card. What is in the computer is this : Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA)

thx for any and all help

Sue :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:34 PM

You probably are in need of a video driver. This is a small program that allows Windows to properly speak to your hardware.

Go to your computer manufacturers website to find this driver.

Or if you are using a aftermarket video card, tell us what make and model card it is and we can search for the driver.

If the video is part of the motherboard, or what is called 'integrated', then we need the make and model of computer, or make and model of the motherboard.

You can find out pretty much anything you need to know regarding the hardware in your computer by running a program called Everest. You can download Everest HERE.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users