Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking to upgrade SSD, but which kind?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spaniel1287

Spaniel1287

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:00 AM

Hello all,

I was hoping someone could help me out with figuring which SSD my computer can take as an upgrade. It is an HP 840 G2. Right now it has 128gb SSD, SPECCY says it is currently a LITON LCH-128V2S. It says it is a SATA-III 6.0Gb/s

I am wondering if there are faster and better ssd's out there. I am also wanting to find something more in the range of 256gb for an ssd. Really appreciate the help!

Here is my computer specs:

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04472796

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Those are 2 pictures I posted from my laptop, right now in the corner you can see the 2.5 SSD that is in there, but I am not sure what that empty slot is that says "SSD," is that for an M.2?  Not looking to spend a fortune, but just want an SSD thats in the 256gb range and has a read/write speed around the 520 area (whereas the LITEON that came with the laptop has a read of 520, but a write of around 120, I believe).

Thanks for your help and input!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

Hi,

I don't see any SSD installed on the image!!!

Based on my search you need to find a SSD M.2 2260 PCIe for example Crucial CT250MX200SSD6 or CT500MX200SSD6

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/mpc/oas/product-detail.html?oid=7633917

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

I don't see any SSD installed on the image!!!

It's to the left of the PCIe slot. Can see the corner of it (bottom-right).

Personally I would go with Intel, Samsung or ADATA SSDs. However; these days a standard home/office worker could not tell the difference when it comes to speeds of any branded SSD.

Also note that speeds also depend on the device(s) that are writing/reading to/from system drive.

Edited by bludgard, 20 January 2017 - 06:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users