Im a new poster and it's good to be a member. Ive got an issue im hoping you can help me with. I have a PC in a shed about 50 meters away from my main router. I have setup an old router as a repeater about midway to bridge the gap. I set it up a bit before xmas and it worked like a charm without any issues. Come last night I get back from work to find the repeater is no longer dishing out any internet. I have tried everything i can think of and i'm out of ideas. I need some help
OK so first some details.
Main AP: TP Link TD-W8960N
Manual: Page 73 has instruction for what i need - http://www.tplink.com/resources/document/TD-W8960N_V4_User_Guide_191001.pdf
Repeater: Huawei HG532d
Manual: Page 37 for Repeater instructions - http://iihelp.iinet.net.au/sites/iihelp.iinet.net.au/files/HG532d_300Mbps_Wireless_ADSL2+_Router_User_Guide_HG532d_02_English.pdf
The Main AP sits in my office and is connected to my NBN cable box through the WAN port and I have my office PC connected to it via Ethernet. My office PC has no issues accessing the internet.
I have configured the Main AP in the settings per the manual and set the Router to be in 'Bridge' mode and to accept the Huawei as the repeater. I understand a 'Bridge' is not what I want but TP Link calls the repeater function a Wireless Bridge. This AP is set to broadcast Wifi on Channel 1 (must be same channel on repeater an Main AP) and the SSID and password are sync with the repeater (have same settings)per the instructions for the repeater: "Set Channel, SSID, WPA pre-shared key and WPA encryption to the same value as the first HG532d (or TPLINK in my case)." The repeater is broadcasting good signal under the same SSID name and if this was a few days ago it would give me internet access.
I access the TP link via 192.168.1.1 and the Huawei is on 192.168.1.199 (was originally 192.168.1.1 but I changed this to avoid conflict with TP link)
Another thing that is strange is that while I am trying to troubleshoot today i find it is intermittent if I try to access the Huawei router from my office PC. Now if I plug the PC directly up to router I can access via 192.168.1.199 but I am able to only every now and then access the Huawei via ethernet to the TP link then wirelessly to the Huawei.
PC <---Ethernet---> TP Link <---WiFi----> Huawei
From the diagram above when all this was working I was able to configure the huawei from the office PC but now it is rare that the page will load and it has me even more confused as I would think it would be all or nothing. This is the same if I ping the device from the same PC.
Yesterday all this broke and i am really unsure why. I have disabled AV and my firewall but it made no change. I can take whatever pictures are needed so please let me know. Some settings are in this album here: http://imgur.com/gallery/z3mlt