Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unstable network after dark?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blondeandconfused

blondeandconfused

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:59 AM

Lately, I've been experiencing limited to no connectivity on both my iPad and my Android phone late at night.  I've not had any real trouble, just a little slowness, on my PC.  My brother also says his phone won't connect to the internet, either.  This has just been the last couple of weeks.  I tried resetting a bunch of things, turning things off, then on again.  My iPad has been the screwiest, having no difficulty at all, until after the sun goes down.  When the world goes dark, the internet goes away.  Any idea what might be causing this?

I took my iPad to Micky D's today and had no trouble at all there, so I figured maybe my router was just dying, so I stopped and picked up a new router on the way home, connected it, everything worked wonderfully, even the iPad.  Left home for a couple hours, and when I got back (after dark), nothing connected again.  No iPad, no phone, nothing.

I think it's a coincidence that this happened around the same time as I hooked up my Chromecast to the TV.  I disconnected the Chromecast, but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Any idea why my network is suddenly flaky?  What else should I be looking at?  

My DNS is 8.8.8.8.  so unless that's suddenly become a problem for about a half a zillion people, it shouldn't be a DNS issue.

I need to fix this issue.  I have to stream Pandora to go to sleep at night.  I've had a whole lot of sleepless nights lately and I'm starting to get pretty snappish.  My music totally chills me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:06 AM

What model modem/router do you have?

Also, who is your ISP?

Next, do you have any wired connections connections and are they effected at night?

Last, can you explain how the wireless network goes down? For instance can you see the network name, even if you can't connect? Can you connect, even if you can't get online? Is there a error?

PS. I looked through your previous posts and I think the problem is related to this post. Did you ever find out what those two strong network names are that seem to broadcast in your house?

Edited by Trikein, 18 January 2017 - 11:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users