Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

App store problem

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 XCalinX

XCalinX

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:19 PM

Hello guys,

When I try to download any app from the Windows Store, after the "Starting download" stage, it says "Error, see details". Between the 2, it says "Acquiring license" for a tenth of a second. If I click on "Error, see details" it says "Turn on Windows Update so store can show you the stuff that works the best on your device" and the erro rcode is 0x80070422

07e4971c250df15079b095e7b15e2014.png

I tried enabling and disabling Windows Update in services.msc, enabling and disabling BITS in services.msc, reseted the store cache and other fixes I found online.

I installed Windows in March 2016, since then the only hardware change that would affect windows was going to a motherboard with a different chipset, but apps still worked for a while. Downloading apps works fine on my other PC, with the same Microsoft account.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rarson

rarson

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

I would review some logs in Event Viewer to see if there is anything that sticks out. I'd also recommend running some basic checks like chkdsk /f, restorehealth, and sfc. If you have any additional information, let us know.

#3 XCalinX

XCalinX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:21 PM

@rarson

I ran SFC and got this.

3a49ceac4112a6b1aaff44b392d2d6f7.png

Here's the CBS log

https://justpaste.it/12jlr

Edit: After trying to install an app, 6 events popped up in the Application tab in Event viewer.

I saved them, here's the file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v29u2ma3v2iiikb/appstore.evtx

Edited by XCalinX, 18 January 2017 - 01:26 PM.

#4 rarson

rarson

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:15 PM

Did you happen to run chkdsk first? My usual method is to run it with the /f switch, check the logs, and then run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and then sfc. My logic is that the file system needs to be verified first, then the component store, and then the OS files themselves (since SFC is checking files against the component store, which is what restorehealth addresses).

If you haven't already done that, I'd go ahead and do it and then run sfc again. If you're still getting the same message from sfc, you can run the following to pull out the relevant entries from the CBS log file: findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt

That will output a file to whatever directory you're currently in (so I usually change to the desktop folder of my user directory first). If you want to try a quick fix, SFCFix is a good tool that can fix some problems or tell you whether the problem is even a real problem or not, but it's usually intended to be used with a text file to perform repairs. I usually just run it to, at the very least, see what problems still exist.

The other thing you can try is this command: dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

This will cleanup the Winsxs folder by removing components that have been superceded by updates. It's possible that some of the corruptions being found are in components that have been superceded and therefore aren't even necessary.

#5 XCalinX

XCalinX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

Sorry for the late reply. I tried all you said above and the problem is still there...

#6 rarson

rarson

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:55 PM

What build of Windows are you running? You can check by pressing Win+R and typing in "winver." You might want to try updating your Windows build using a standalone installer.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:02 PM

Press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key, in the menu that opens click or tap on Command Prompt (Admin).  This will open the Elevated Command prompt.

Copy and paste the command below in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Restart the computer to complete the repair.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 XCalinX

XCalinX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:48 PM

What build of Windows are you running? You can check by pressing Win+R and typing in "winver." You might want to try updating your Windows build using a standalone installer.

Press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key, in the menu that opens click or tap on Command Prompt (Admin).  This will open the Elevated Command prompt.

Restart the computer to complete the repair.

@rarson The latest one, 14393.693

@dc3 I already did that

#9 XCalinX

XCalinX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:03 AM

anyone?

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

Copy and paste the commands below in the Command Prompt one at a time followed by pressing Enter after each command.  Do the commands in the order they are listed below.

dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

Edited by dc3, 30 January 2017 - 12:14 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#11 XCalinX

XCalinX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:57 PM

Copy and paste the commands below in the Command Prompt one at a time followed by pressing Enter after each command.  Do the commands in the order they are listed below.

dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

got this error on the last one.

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:12 PM

The sfc component store is corrupted, you will need to rebuild it.

To rebuild the sfc component store you will need a ISO image for Windows 8.1.  You can use the Windows Media Creation Tools to create Windows 8.1 ISO file.  Click on the link below, when the page opens click on Download Tool Now.  This will automatically initiate the download.  To make this easier if you need to find this file set you browser so that the download will go to your Desktop.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

You will need to run the command below from the Command Prompt.  The easiest way to do this is to press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key.   A menu will open with the option Command Prompt (Admin), click on this.  This will open the Command Prompt.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:C:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess 

The C: represents the location of where most Windows installations are located when they are installed.  If C: is not the drive letter for the partition in which the operating system is install you will need  to change the drive letter to the letter representing the partition with the operating system installed.

Edited by dc3, 30 January 2017 - 02:13 PM.

#13 XCalinX

XCalinX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:35 AM

The sfc component store is corrupted, you will need to rebuild it.

To rebuild the sfc component store you will need a ISO image for Windows 8.1.  You can use the Windows Media Creation Tools to create Windows 8.1 ISO file.  Click on the link below, when the page opens click on Download Tool Now.  This will automatically initiate the download.  To make this easier if you need to find this file set you browser so that the download will go to your Desktop.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

You will need to run the command below from the Command Prompt.  The easiest way to do this is to press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key.   A menu will open with the option Command Prompt (Admin), click on this.  This will open the Command Prompt.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:C:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess 

The C: represents the location of where most Windows installations are located when they are installed.  If C: is not the drive letter for the partition in which the operating system is install you will need  to change the drive letter to the letter representing the partition with the operating system installed.

Where do I need to place the 8.1 ISO? What do I need to do with it? Thanks for your answer.

#14 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:35 AM

Create a folder at root of C: partition name the folder as Sources. Using 7-Zip extract the content of the Windows 8.1 ISO image to C:\Sources folder.  Execute following command:

Edited by FreeBooter, 31 January 2017 - 07:35 AM.

Posted Image

#15 XCalinX

XCalinX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:19 AM

Create a folder at root of C: partition name the folder as Sources. Using 7-Zip extract the content of the Windows 8.1 ISO image to C:\Sources folder.  Execute following command:

got stuck at 91% and

[===========================91.6%=====================     ]
Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\Windows\system32>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users