Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot get FRST to run

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aurorans

Aurorans

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:10 PM

I can't get frst to run.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Temporarily disable your AV program so it does not interfere.
Info on how to disable your security applications How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs - Security Mini-Guides.

Download Zoek tool from here

When the download appears, save to the Desktop.
On the Desktop, right-click the Zoek.exe file and select: Run as Administrator
(Give it a few seconds to appear.)

Next, copy/paste the entire script inside the code box below to the input field of Zoek:
createsrpoint;
autoclean;
emptyclsid;
emptyffcache;
FFdefaults;
emptyiecache;
iedefaults;
emptychrcache;
CHRdefaults;
emptyalltemp;
emptyfolderscheck;delete
ipconfig /flushdns;b
Now...
Close any open Browsers.
Click the Run script button, and wait. It takes a few minutes to run all the script.

When the tool finishes, the zoek-results.log is opened in Notepad.
The log is also found on the systemdrive, normally C:\
If a reboot is needed, the log is opened after the reboot.

Please attach the zoek-results.log in your reply.
===

Also, please provide an update on how the computer is behaving after running the above script.

p.s.
Try to run the Farbar tool as an Administrator.
Post both logs if you can.

#3 Aurorans

Aurorans
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:31 PM

I can't download Zeok or Farbar, computer says "You have no internet connection"

The computer shows that it is connected to my wireless modem, I am using a different computer right now that does not allow downloading programs and apps. It is the only other computer available for me to use in my area.

Should I just buy a new Personal Computer?

EDIT: The computer can connect to "Google Search", but it returns "Cannot Connect to the Internet, Diagnosing Problems", and then returns "You have no internet connection" when trying to do a search or go to any designated website.

Proxies are turned off, and don't switch themselves back on.

Extensions on IE and Chrome show no signs of suspicious toolbars, extensions or plugins

Performed a System Restore back to the earliest restore date of 12/30/2016 (Restore dates seem to disappear after a short while). Hidden restore dates are shown. Has no effect on lagging internet.

Could not try a system recovery, as it requests a boot disc, and I don't have one as my operating system is windows 10 pro upgraded from windows 7

I have no antivirus software. Windows Defender is turned off, with no way to turn on. Computer cannot use Windows Update properly, as it only downloads security updates, and no actual software. Build is back from June 16, 2016, and is actually a DEV build.

Windows Repair tools within the computer don't return/find any errors

Checked the services and all seems to be ok (No strange, unrecognized names in the services).

Edited by Aurorans, 18 January 2017 - 12:41 PM.

#4 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,490 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:26 AM

Download the FRST and Zoek programs to a CD or Flash Driver using the Good Computer and copy both of them to the compromised computer.

Run Zoek firs and then Farbar.

Post the 3 logs for my review.

Let me know what problems persists.

#5 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,490 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:14 AM

Are you still with me?

#6 Aurorans

Aurorans
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:05 AM

Yes, just got my computer fixed today. I couldn't seem to make downloads and post anything while my pc was infected. I'm also planning on buying a new one in the far future. Thank you for helping. If you wish, you may mark this case "solved"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users