Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Different BSODs during games

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PinkPowerRanger

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:00 PM

Been dealing with these BSODs for a while now. They've been happening about 2-3 times a month since I installed my r9 290x graphics card. I've installed the card in both PCI-E slots at this point.

· OS - Windows 10
· x64
· What was original installed OS on system? Windows 10
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Retail copy
· Age of system (hardware). Originally built the system 8 years ago. Motherboard is the oldest part at this point.
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Within the last year.

· CPU - Xeon X5675
· Video Card - r9 290x
· MotherBoard - MSI Ecliplse SLI X58
· Power Supply - Corsair x850

I've run memtest overnight and it came up clean.

I'm running driver verifier right now

I've attached the SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip file

The Perfmon /report thing is hanging.

I have my dump files handy if they will help.

I've never posted anywhere like this before. I've always considered myself pretty savvy with my machine. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PinkPowerRanger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:18 PM

I ran Prime95 over night, and driver verifier for 24 hours and all is stable.

#3 shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:32 AM

Mind doing the following so we can all get a closer look at the hardware/software side of things ?

#4 PinkPowerRanger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:04 PM

#5 bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,862 posts
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:02 PM

Sorry that none of us got back to you earlier.

Unfortunately, your dumps really don't point to a definite cause of your problem, but a few didn't like these drivers:

atikmdag.sys (ATI Video driver)

rt640x64.sys (Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver)

I suggest you reinstall your Realtek drivers and reinstall your ATI Video driver, following these instructions. <=== IMPORTANT!!!
Next, please check whether if you have updates for your BIOS, as it's about six years old... may not be compatible with Windows 10. (ONLY do this if you know what you're doing. If your computer loses power halfway through you may not be able to boot ever again.)

Also, please check for any remaining Windows updates — it's very important to have a fully updated system.

Since you had a variety of different bugchecks, please complete every single one of these hardware diagnostics and post back with the results.

Good luck! (@usasma will surelyl have more ideas.)

P.S. You have 5 hard drives and a hungry processor, I wonder if your PSU is under too much load...

If I do not reply in two days, please message me.
BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users