Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Acrobat Pro Issues

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 blueskies2fly

blueskies2fly

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

Hi there. In December I made the switch from Windows to Mac. I have an iMac running el Capitan ver. 10.11.6

I had to repurchase the Adobe Suite CS5 software which seems to be pretty unstable (i.e. outdated) on my iMac. However, my biggest problem right now is that Adobe Acrobat Pro will not take my password so I can't seem to get my PC to utilize the program. And I need it for Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc. I've gone to the Adobe site and I can log-in there so I'm not sure why it won't accept my password for this specific acrobat program. I'd like to attach a photo to show you what I'm getting, but unfortunately I don't know how to do that here. I haven't been on this site in years.

I tried contacting Adobe and got the run around. First I called phone support, they told me I had to go to "Chat" support. Chat support told me to go elsewhere and NO ONE was able to or willing to figure out the problem. I'm sure it's because the program is so old. But they are forcing everyone to go to cloud based programs which you will never own just lease. If I knew I was going to have so many problems I would have purchased an older model computer. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Robin

Edited by blueskies2fly, 17 January 2017 - 11:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:27 PM

Have you tried contacting Adobe customer service/support? To honest, this sounds like something only they might be able to help with.

About the only other thing that I can suggest is to create another user account on the Mac and then try to install and setup the Adobe software on that other user account. Beyond that, I don't have any thing else to suggest.

#3 blueskies2fly

blueskies2fly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:46 PM

Hi there smax013. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Yes, I have contacted them, as I said in the message they gave me the run around and then no one could/would help in the end. I'm assuming it's because they consider the program outdated.

I don't know if your suggestion regarding creating another email user account for this will work as I see that my program is already registered with Adobe and is listed with my other registered Adobe software (i.e. the Windows version of Creative CS5). They may think I'm trying to share the software with someone else.

But thank you again. I've had trouble with this one particular program from the git-go. Everything else installed fine.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

Hi there smax013. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Yes, I have contacted them, as I said in the message they gave me the run around and then no one could/would help in the end. I'm assuming it's because they consider the program outdated.

You must have added that in an edit of your post after I read it in the notification (I am notified of new topics in the Mac OS forum) and I missed it in your post when I came to post my reply. You may have to be a bit "pushy" with them, especially if you just paid for it again. They should not be blowing you off if you just paid them money, even if it is an old program.

I don't know if your suggestion regarding creating another email user account for this will work as I see that my program is already registered with Adobe and is listed with my other registered Adobe software (i.e. the Windows version of Creative CS5). They may think I'm trying to share the software with someone else.

Registered or activated? Two different things.

And FWIW, Adobe has traditionally allow a user to install their licensed Adobe program on two computers that run the same overall OS (i.e. two Macs or two Windows computers, but not a Mac and a Windows computer). So, even if it some how showing the program as activated on this computer, you should still be able to install and activate it on a second Mac. And even if it was activated, you should be able to go into the Acrobat and see that it is in fact activated.

The reason to try a different user account in case it is something local that is causing the problem. It could be some conflict or error in the current user account. It is unlikely, but still worth a try.

But thank you again. I've had trouble with this one particular program from the git-go. Everything else installed fine.

What specifically do you use Acrobat Pro for? I ask because in the short term, you might be able just use the PDF creator function that is built into the macOS.

#5 blueskies2fly

blueskies2fly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:45 PM

Both, I think. I had to "activate" it with the serial # and then register it with Adobe for support, etc.

And FWIW, Adobe has traditionally allow a user to install their licensed Adobe program on two computers that run the same overall OS (i.e. two Macs or two Windows computers, but not a Mac and a Windows computer). So, even if it some how showing the program as activated on this computer, you should still be able to install and activate it on a second Mac. And even if it was activated, you should be able to go into the Acrobat and see that it is in fact activated.

Good to know. Thank you for sharing your knowledge on this subject. I am very appreciative.

The reason to try a different user account in case it is something local that is causing the problem. It could be some conflict or error in the current user account. It is unlikely, but still worth a try.

What specifically do you use Acrobat Pro for? I ask because in the short term, you might be able just use the PDF creator function that is built into the macOS.

If I'm not mistaken it comes with a slew of extra fonts and it packs up large graphic files and compresses them to send them to print.

I'm no power user by any stretch of the imagination. I mainly do small jobs creating business cards and logos. But I want to learn to take my original paintings to another level digitaly.

Edited by blueskies2fly, 17 January 2017 - 05:49 PM.

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

Both, I think. I had to "activate" it with the serial # and then register it with Adobe for support, etc.

Good to know. Thank you for sharing your knowledge on this subject. I am very appreciative.

If I'm not mistaken it comes with a slew of extra fonts and it packs up large graphic files and compresses them to send them to print.

I'm no power user by any stretch of the imagination. I mainly do small jobs creating business cards and logos. But I want to learn to take my original paintings to another level digitaly.

You might try to see if the built in PDF function will work in the short term.

Otherwise, you will have to bug Adobe about it. And I after spending WAY too much time myself with their dumb a$$ chat system (that has now "hung up" on my two times) just to try to get my email address associated with my Adobe account changed (when I try to do it myself, I get an error message when I try to save the new email address), I would rather go out to the garage and slam the car door on my hand than deal with them any more. So, I feel for you.

#7 blueskies2fly

blueskies2fly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:40 PM

😋😝😝😝 Now you're speaking my language. I've been there done that. I'm tired of talking to India!

I didn't mention that I purchased my software off eBay. Illustrator crashes frequently. I was on the Adobe website trying to troubleshoot the problem and one of their "high-ranking" moderators was extremely rude. Telling me I should have purchased a "more compatible" computer. Unfortunately for everyone, We (moderators and pc owners) are all have various levels of skill & know-how. We can't all be computer genius's.

Aaaaaanyway, seriously, thanks for all your help. I'll try and tackle this again tomorrow. 😞

#8 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:45 PM

Now you're speaking my language. I've been there done that. I'm tired of talking to India!

I didn't mention that I purchased my software off eBay. Illustrator crashes frequently. I was on the Adobe website trying to troubleshoot the problem and one of their "high-ranking" moderators was extremely rude. Telling me I should have purchased a "more compatible" computer. Unfortunately for everyone, We (moderators and pc owners) are all have various levels of skill & know-how. We can't all be computer genius's.

Aaaaaanyway, seriously, thanks for all your help. I'll try and tackle this again tomorrow.

I probably would have responded that I would not need to if Adobe was not too greedy and did not go to a subscription system that costs more.   :bananas:

#9 blueskies2fly

blueskies2fly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:25 PM

😜🤗🤗🤗🤗 ha-hah. So true!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users