Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't log onto internet from only my laptop. ( I am on my tablet now)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 taylor1277

taylor1277

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

Experienced a problem of getting on the internet from my laptop on about the 12th of Jan. Neither IE or Chrome work. Reset the router already. looked on youtube becuase some people say it maybe the host files or something with the DNS. Which I beleive is the culprit due to the fact that I tried these things and after ever single one it tells me the same exact thing.
C:\Windows\System32>netsh winsock reset
C:\Windows\System32>netsh int ip reset
C:\Windows\System32>ipconfig /flsuhdns

What I get after doiing anything is this:
C;\Windows\System32\DNSAPI.dll is hnot designed to run on Windows or it contains error.Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.Error status 0x000012f.
What program would need to reinstalled?
I am the system administrator.
I have Windows 8.1 64bit x I use Mcafee Total Protection-what good it did.
And Iobit Malware Fighter 4.3 what good it did too.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:15 PM

Try a service scan; Start > CMD > Right click and Run as admin > sfc /scannow   or see here for more info.

#3 taylor1277

taylor1277
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

Trikein- well I did that sfc /scannow thing and it didn't help at all. Even tried to delete the corrupted file and use a new one off the old slave drive that I have that actually still has the Windows files on it. All to find out that Microsoft restricts the file from being deleted, thank Microsoft. Great. I did copy the one off the old HD. Just couldn't get rid fo the of the corrupted one. Well I am back on the laptop now online, made another goof. Had my slave drive plugged in and restored the system, didn't think anything would happen because all the other times I tried to revert back I forgot the password to my system I used back then usually I don't forget passwords, but either I did or the system was accepting the password. So I lost all my files, photos, documents and music files. Music files not to hard to find they are on my mp3 player, fixed, documents won't be that hard either, photos now there is another story, Programs like Recuva never either one get the file or they are distorted, so it will be a painstaking thing to go through and pick out all the good photos files. Got tired of looking for help. Didn't have a lot of time, even went to Fiverr.com and that was my next avenue, thank you for all your help and all the others who take their time and try and help others, I do to when I know an answer to someone's question.So thank you,wish there was a place to close these threads when we want to.

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:32 AM

I am slightly confused and worried. System file checker is a routine Windows system, and not something that would typically crash your computer. Did you mean the SFC caused the problem needing you to swap HD or did you swap HD to try to get the file to complete SFC scan?

If the problem was with running the scan, try this Bleepingcomputer guide that talks about some of the issues with Windows. If the scan exasperated the problem, then I apologize. If you decide to give it another shot maybe someone else here will have another idea.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users