Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD on Windows 7. Did a fresh install of Windows 10, blue screen again

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eduardomobe

eduardomobe

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:36 AM

Got a BSOD on Windows 7, then the computer wouldnt boot to Windows anymore. Installed Windows 10 after many failed attempts on the installation finally managed to install it. Now I get BSOD and it wont boot. Could this be a HDD issue, CPU overheating? system_scan_at_raised_irql_caught_improper_driver_unload I got that error message on the Windows 10 BSOD. Thanks a lot for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:40 AM

Sounds like it, what kind of temps and voltages you seeing in the bios, as well have you run any low level hdd or memory diagnostics ?

#3 eduardomobe

eduardomobe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:13 AM

I ran chkdsk. Which ran excruciatingly slow. And that leaves me at the same spot about guessing if its HDD or processor. Ill open Bios when I get home and update. (If it helps this all happened, next to a BIOS update which made boot time slower, could be coincidence).

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

I ran chkdsk. Which ran excruciatingly slow

Hemmm super slow hdd hu, sometimes when a hdd half dies or is in the process of dying or is damaged is can start to act like that, or if its filled with bad sectors, btw you should have done a chkdsk /r and if you think the last chkdsk was slow in r mode its even slower.

Edited by shadow_647, 17 January 2017 - 06:40 PM.

#5 eduardomobe

eduardomobe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

I ran chkdsk /r it ran so slow I didnt let it finish. I had left the computer on for 20 hours and it was still going below 15%. Guess ill replace the hard drive.

#6 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:47 PM

At lest the drive still works.

My self i would try and save data off the drive if their anything worth saving if you don't mind it taking 10 years to do, next i would use all the following on the drive and see what happens.

http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

http://hddscan.com/

http://www.seagate.com/ca/en/support/downloads/seatools/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users