Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 update issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Raviraj321

Raviraj321

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:18 PM

Hi I am facing issue in my company where windows 10 update not installing on Lenovo laptops it will take so much time and after that

reverting back and also need to provide bit locker key after restarting  

Edited by Raviraj321, 16 January 2017 - 11:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:53 AM

Please try below programs one at time.

Download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

Automatically reset Windows Update components

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Posted Image

#3 rarson

rarson

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

What version of Windows are you currently running? Win + R and type in "winver" to check. Which update is it attempting to install?

I would recommend running chkdsk /f. Once that is done, you can check the log to: 1) make sure it actually ran, and 2) see if it actually made corrections to the file system. The log is located in the event viewer under the Windows Application log, source Wininit.

Then run the following command: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth to make sure the component store corruption, if any, gets fixed. Then run sfc /scannow.

It makes no sense to me to start troubleshooting Windows Update issues without making sure the OS itself is working properly first. Of course, this is my mentality because I come across about a dozen broken operating systems a day.

If the update troubleshooter doesn't work, I'd try using Complete Internet Repair to resolve the issue. Also, if you have no reason to be using Bitlocker, I'd recommend disabling it since people tend to lose their keys in my experience.

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:38 AM

Hi I am facing issue in my company where windows 10 update not installing on Lenovo laptops it will take so much time and after that

reverting back and also need to provide bit locker key after restarting  

Call your IT manager and let him deal with it. Do you own the company? How many computers are you dealing with?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 HolyCowz

HolyCowz

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

I had this problem all so with the last windows 10 updates.

I got mine fixed by running the built in fix it tool about 5 times in a row with restarts till it worked again.

It's located 

start, windows system, control panel,  All Control Panel Items, Troubleshooting then under system and security title fix problems with windows update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users