Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brothers Printer/Scanner MFC-J435W to scan above 300 dpi w/Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Windey

Windey

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:59 PM

I was able to scan up to 600 and 1200 dpi on my Brothers Printers/Scanner MFC-J435W with my Vista computer. Just got new Windows 10 computer and now scanner only gives me highest option of 300 dpi. How can I change this so I can scan at a higher dpi with Wndows 10?

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:34 AM

Hi:

It looks as if there's a decent answer to that question in what appears to be your identical post at another site?

How to change dpi to over 300 on Windows 10 computer

This reply makes sense, at least for starters:

Are you using Windows 10 built in drivers, or did you download the ones from brother.com? The easiest way to tell is if you have "Brother Control Center" utility. Inside the Brother Control Center utiliy, choose the scan function. In the advanced mode, you can control dpi and other scanning details.

Here is the drivers/downloads page for that model:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj435w_us

Please post back with your results, so that we can all learn.

Thanks,

MM

#3 Windey

Windey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:00 AM

I reinstalled Brothers DVD and then went to Brothers website to update drivers. That did the trick! Thanks so much!!

Windey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users