Posted 03 September 2006 - 12:32 PM
If the link above didn't get you anything, here is the answer about the dependecy or group failed to start"
then do what i said before about services.msc.
If it is a lexmark or Dell printer make sure that
1. Go to Start > Run and type in services.msc then press Enter. 2. Click on Lexbces > Right click - Properties, Change recovery to automatic instead of disabled.
Quick and easy.
One Reason for the error "Error 1068: The Dependency Service or Group Failed To Start" can be: Changed in the path of service exe in harddisk.
Example: if service exe location is (service properties shows) :: c:\Program files\xyz\abc\my_service.exe and if we change "xyz" to "wxy" folder and try to restart the service. it will give the above error.
Fixing this issue is quite simple. I had the same issue myself and after a LOT of research, I found the following steps extremely simple and it fixes the issue immediately.
1. Go to Start > Run and type in services.msc then press Enter.
2. In the window that opens find "Print Spooler" on the right
3. Right-click "Print Spooler" and select "Properties".
4. Click on the "Recovery" tab and change all 3 drop-down boxes to "Restart The Service".
5. Make sure the 2 text boxes underneath say "1" in them.
6. Click Ok until you are back at the Services window, close it and you're good to go.
7. Go back into the properties of the "Print Spooler" tab and be sure to click Start to restart the Print Spooler service and it will restart the service immediately.
You're all set! Now when ever your Print Spooler craps out, it will automatically reset itself.
More input and advice:
* There is another cuase for this error. If you have ever had a lexmark printer driver (which may also have been installed with a non-Lexmark printer, like a Dell) then you will find a small program called LexBce. This is usually a service and can be found under Control Panel->Services. LexBce needs to also be running before Print Spooler will run. I hopethis helps someone else. It tooks me hours to resolve this problem :-)
* Guys there is a simple answer if your looking out for Lexmark printer causing these issues, do START > RUN >Services.msc , thn Open Print Spooler, Restart the service n keep the startup type as Automatic, if u still get the error msg, thn chk the dependencies tab n thn chk for the services under it, and thn enable services namely, "Remote Procedure Call" Fax "LexBce Server", If one of this svc doesn't start, chk their dependencies list n try to enable as much as possible, it has to work, has always worked for me as a DELL TECHNICIAN. (From another: Thanks, Dell technician, this worked for me. It allowed me to enable the print spooler. However when tried to print job it gave error "printer not found" so I did a restart spooler from the services.msc window and it worked.)
* Thanks Dell Tech Dude! Everything you had mentioned got me on my way. I had deleted the lexbces.exe since I removed the lexmark printer.After that I was unable to get it started again. If you delete this you will have to re-install it in windows/system32/.
* I tried all of the above and nothing worked. I did some more google searching and found a Lexmark support article that worked. Here is a link:http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/knowledgebase.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:204:0:0&framed=&docid=ENUS816&relevance=1