Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook refuses to oppen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:23 AM

Hello forum,

It's been about 2 days that my outlook inbox does not open i can login but then i get a blank page, what is wrong with my outlook?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Steven_M

Steven_M

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:40 AM

Hi,

You should try creating a new profile.

Go to Control Panel, change view to small Icons,

Find Mail (32-bit) and double click it

Then click on show profiles

Add

Create a new profile, name does not matter so something like "Outlook2"

Follow the requests on the screen, should only require you to log in with the password and it should do the rest itself.

Once that's done you want to change the "always use this profile" to the one you just created.

Close Outlook and reopen.

It will ask you to sign in once more, when you do click "Remember my credentials"

It will take a while to load in all your emails but it should get there in due corse.

Let me know if you need any help.

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,798 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:57 AM

If it were me, I would uninstall Outlook and then reinstall it. If that doesn't work then call Microsoft because they have fantastic customer service.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

If you connect to an Exchange server (i.e. for work) you can try deleting your OST file. (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook)  After deleting the OST file restart your machine.  The OST file is a cache of your mail that is stored on the Exchange server and will be recreated when you reopen Outlook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users