Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 BSOD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DannyTran

DannyTran

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:30 AM

Hello,

My PC recently had several BSODs, which I tried to ignore, until today when it got real bad. So here we go:

BSDO appeared: "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. blah blah" with stop code: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. On the way rebooting up, this appeared: Your PC needs to be repaired. OS couldnt be load because a required file is missing. File: Windows\system32\winload.exe.  Error code 0xc0000225.

Here is some backgroud before we move on: I recently bought a SSD, and install W10 on it, while i still have my old W7 on the HDD. So (stupid) me tried to boot the PC by W7, and I ran into a chkdsk, which is still running now when I am posting this (~20min upto now). Please let me know:

• What details should i provide to define the issue?
  • What could be potential problem?
  • What could possibly is the harm?
  • What should I do?

Few other backgrounds:

• W10 educational ver (newly installed)
  • CPU 6300 (purchased 3 yrs ago, recently opened when adding a fan)
  • gtx1060 (recently purchased)
  • Ram (recently opened to cleaned)
  • Samsung 850 SSD 128GB (recently purchased)
  • After installing W10 on the SSD, PC experienced few crashes( BSOD, ~5 times in a months) before that, W7 ran just fine

UPDATE: chkdsk finished, it erased my W10 on the SSD. Currently runiing on the old W7. I dont want run to this BSOD next  time running on W10, so please help me out! Appreciate all the thoughts!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:21 AM

If CHKDSK erased your Windows 10 installation - then there was likely something wrong with the SSD

I would check with the reseller to find out what to do to get it replaced under warranty.

If you're running on W7 now without any issues, then that tends to confirm a problem with the SSD.

I am subscribed to this topic and will receive an email when you reply back.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 DannyTran

DannyTran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

Hello usasma, thank you for the response. I reinstalled the W10 on the same SSD. After ~2days, it failed and came to the automatic repair, and freeze at the logo screen. I went through  some solutions that i found online, but nothing worked. I reinstalled it again, and nothing bad happens so far.

If the issue is from SSD, is there any way to check that? I dont think I keep the receipt though.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:19 PM

AFAIK there are no diagnostic tests available for SSD's

The only tests are the SMART attributes - and these are not diagnositc, they're just predictive (and aren't very accurate).

The only sure test that I konw of is to try another driver (either HDD or SSD) and see if the problem comes back.
You can install Windows on the drive without activating it - and that way you won't use up the activation unless you need it.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users