Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DNS server is not responding...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Aurorans

Aurorans

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:12 PM

I have been having this problem ever since December of 2016, or maybe even before.

The computer can connect to the internet on occasion, but will then have times of completely disconnecting. It also occurs during times when a lot of internet up/down time is occurring constantly, and then disconnects (Such as when playing games). Waiting a day or so temporarily fixes the issue for about an hour.

I have checked my computer's services. I do not have the following services on my Services.msc panel:

Ancillary Func Driver for Winsock

NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver

I went to device manager and checked for NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver, and, even after Viewing Hidden Devices, niether NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver nor "Non Plug And Play Devices" showed up.

I checked to see if "Proxy Server" settings was unchecked, and it was unchecked.

The strangest thing I found that DHCP and DNS protocols are all up and running fine.

My Computer uses Wifi only (I do not have a working cable line in my room to hook up a Router or Modem for better internet access), and the fact that I cannot use Ethernet makes it difficult for me to determine if it's simply a long-distance connection problem, or an "all distance" connection problem. We use cable one provider (the best they can give us is 150 Mbps speed over the entire area, with 500 GB of data) but I'm trying to switch to Century Link, who offers 40Mbps directly to my home with unlimited data. I'm also getting the 

TP-Link AC1900 Wireless Dual Band PCI-Express Adapter with Beamforming Technology (Archer T9E), 
TP-Link AD7200 Wireless Wi-Fi Tri-Band Gigabit Router (Talon AD7200) by TP-Link, and the 
TP-Link AC1750 DOCSIS 3.0 (16x4) Wireless Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router, Certified for Comcast XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Charter, Spectrum (Archer CR700) by TP-Link, in the hopes that my internet will speed up dramatically. However, all this will be pointless if it's a problem with my computer (doesn't seem to affect anyone else in my house, only me, My PC, and my Ipad 2 original)

I want to rule out that it's not my computer, and is, instead, simply bad internet connection causing lags and constant disconnects.

So, I'll follow the troubleshooting steps you'll give me (if any).

Also, please note that even after scanning for and removing all viruses, malware, registry problems, and adware/spyware, I still have the following things pop up on virtually all forums and webpages:

Attached File  Adware.PNG   513.6KB   1 downloads

I want to make sure this is normal, but it appears it is not. I took my computer into a professional IT technician, and he said he fixed it, but the problem persists (he said it was malware)

EDIT: Strange, I don't see anything listed in Internet Services, among other things.

Farbar Service Scanner Version: 27-01-2016
Ran by dragi (administrator) on 15-01-2017 at 17:47:26
Running from "C:\Users\dragi\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro  (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.
Yahoo.com is accessible.

Windows Firewall:
=============

Firewall Disabled Policy: 
==================

System Restore:
============

System Restore Policy: 
========================

Security Center:
============

Windows Update:
============

Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy: 
============================

Windows Defender:
==============

Other Services:
==============

File Check:
========
C:\Windows\System32\nsisvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nsiproxy.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\afd.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tdx.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\tcpip.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\dnsrslvr.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\dnsapi.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dnsapi.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\mpssvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\bfe.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mpsdrv.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\SDRSVC.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\vssvc.exe => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\wscsvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\wuaueng.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\es.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\cryptsvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\ipnathlp.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\iphlpsvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\rpcss.dll => File is digitally signed

**** End of log ****

Edited by hamluis, 16 January 2017 - 07:49 AM.
Moved from W10 Spt to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aurorans

Aurorans
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:39 AM

No one knows an answer?

#3 Aurorans

Aurorans
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:44 PM

Hey, I'm not infected... could you please move this from "Am I infected" to "Windows 10 Support?"

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:55 PM

You may have something hooked to your browser... I feel we should get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide start at step 8 and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Aurorans

Aurorans
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:41 PM

I started at step 8, but it says to wait, and that's all it says. So, post in a new topic, or wait...?

I believe it's not just the browser, my downloads for Final Fantasy XIV are also lagging, as well as the network scanner is not responding to the scans.

I tried Adwcleaner, Malwarebytes, and other stuff, but nothing solves the problem. If it's a virus, it's a damn good one, one that cannot be detected and one that comes back no matter who or what fixes it.

Edited by Aurorans, 17 January 2017 - 09:42 PM.

#6 Aurorans

Aurorans
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:47 PM

Download speeds at 0.27 Mbps per second, while upload is at 0.05 Mbps. Ping is 512 ms

Edited by Aurorans, 17 January 2017 - 09:50 PM.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

Start a new topic there and state you cannot get FRST to run.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:48 PM

Locked per MRL topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users