Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games are randomly crashing to desktop with no error messages

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 AbdullahEGY

AbdullahEGY

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:11 AM

Hello everybody, 

It's my first post so excuse me if I mess up anything :D 

So I have not changed anything in my PC (hardware wise) since my last GPU upgrade(about a year ago) and it worked like a charm, then I started to face some random crashing in various games(not so long ago), it just sends me straight to the desktop with no errors whatsoever. (The crashes are random, it might crash after 1 minute or after 2 hours of gaming) 

Also for the game CS:GO especially, it completely mess with the monitor when it crashes (the monitor's power keeps flashing as if the PC is in sleep mode, and works only with a system restart), not just closes the game.

I've looked up a lot of other threads on this forum and others as well to see solutions, so I know that I should attach the following : 

Speccy : http://speccy.piriform.com/results/uVgbyTTvhGU414Om3uVuryQ

MiniToolBox : http://pastebin.com/ZxppF9VD

My PSU is : EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 80 Plus Gold

Steps I tried :

I've installed a new windows like 2-3 days ago because I thought that might solve it, I completely formatted the hard, preformed a clean installation, updated everything from windows update, and downloaded the latest Nvidia driver as well .

I also keep track of my temps(using hwmonitor), and the for CPU it's ~40-45c and ~65c for the GPU maximum under gaming.

I cleaned the case through from dust (using a blower)

I lastly ran MemTest86 today for ~2.5hours I believe and it did 2 passes, with 0 errors 

I believe that's all, wanna know what kind of steps I need to do to test or diagnose the problem (I'm noob in such stuff as you guys can tell by my description) :D 

Hopefully someone can help, thanks a lot in advance :)

Edited by AbdullahEGY, 15 January 2017 - 08:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:23 AM

BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Louis

#3 AbdullahEGY

AbdullahEGY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:33 AM

Thanks but my crashes are not BSODs, do I still need the mentioned program? 

And I just ran the perfmon report and it's stuck at collecting data for 60secs and it's been more than 3 minutes

Regards.

#4 Xoctane

Xoctane

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:03 AM

Is your CPU overclocked?

#5 AbdullahEGY

AbdullahEGY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:07 AM

Is your CPU overclocked?

Nothing is overclocked at all, and also I updated my BIOS when I re-installed my windows (after I already had the crashes)

#6 Xoctane

Xoctane

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:19 AM

Does it happen with all of your games? Does it make a difference if it's a heavy or light game?

There's an extra space in your pastebin link, by the way.

Edited by Xoctane, 15 January 2017 - 08:39 AM.

#7 AbdullahEGY

AbdullahEGY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:42 AM

Does it happen with all of your games? Does it make a difference if it's a heavy or light game?

There's an extra space in your pastebin link, by the way.

No it doesn't, even for the same game (for instance metro 2033 redux) it crashed in the menu once, and today after playing for +1hour it crashed, and I edited the link thanks :)

Edited by AbdullahEGY, 15 January 2017 - 08:43 AM.

#8 Talkar

Talkar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:54 AM

If you are using multiple monitors, try launching the game with only one monitor attached. If that fixes it, consider blocking the update.

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/242537-microsofts-latest-windows-update-breaks-multi-monitor-gaming

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/operating-systems/matthew-wilson/windows-10-update-causing-issues-for-multi-monitor-gamers/

https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+10+update+breaks+multimonitor+gaming&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

#9 AbdullahEGY

AbdullahEGY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:03 AM

I'm not using but one monitor :\ 

Update : I've ran memtest86 for ~10 hours and done 5 passes with no errors 

Still waiting for any help, thanks in advance :) 

#10 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:17 AM

Perhaps it's to do with Intel (QUEENCREEK)

https://communities.intel.com/thread/109226

Also DriverUpdateUI.exe is from Intel and you show errors for that to.

#11 AbdullahEGY

AbdullahEGY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:26 AM

Perhaps it's to do with Intel (QUEENCREEK)

https://communities.intel.com/thread/109226

Also DriverUpdateUI.exe is from Intel and you show errors for that to.

The DriverUpdateUI.exe is Intel's utility that I installed manually after having the crashes and re-installing windows (installed the driver updater yesterday and also uninstalled it yesterday after seeing it's useless :D) 

And about QUEENCREEK I don't see it either, and after google'ing it says it's associated with the driver update as well which I already uninstalled

Thanks again :)

#12 AbdullahEGY

AbdullahEGY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

According to a suggestion from another forum, I ran FurMark stress test for 35 minutes with no problems (max temp 73c), and I also scanned my HDD using HDTune and nothing came bad 

Hopefully someone will help :D 

#13 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:06 PM

How cronic if the crashing ?

#14 AbdullahEGY

AbdullahEGY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:53 AM

How cronic if the crashing ?

Well it's completely random if that's what you mean, sometimes it doesn't even crash at all 

#15 AbdullahEGY

AbdullahEGY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:02 PM

So I swapped my GPU with an old GTX 550 TI, here's a list with all the things I've done if someone can help : 

Things I have done and notes : 
- My temps are pretty okay, CPU @~40-50 and GPU ~60 while gaming
- I blew the dust out of my case, and took the RAMs and the GPU out and re-connected them again
- I have no overclocked parts in my PC at all, and they all worked fine for almost a year
- No BSODs showed up at all
- Complelety formatted my hard and installed a fresh windows 10 copy
- I completley uninstalled my GPU drivers using DDU and installing different versions
- I ran memtest86 for 10 hours (5 passes 0 errors)
- I scanned my drive using HDTune and nothing showed up as bad
- I stress tested my GPU using FurMark for more than an hour and no crashes occoured (max temp was 73c)
- I replaced my GPU with an old (fully working) GTX 550 TI and here's what happened : 
Uninstalled the drivers using DDU and installed the newest drivers for the 550, restarted my PC and everything went downhill ! 
I am experiencing a few monitor flashes while browsing every now and then
However for games I tested the following and the results : 
* CS:GO >> had crashes every 15 seconds, it would freeze for 5 seconds with black screen, however while it ran it was super smooth with +200 FPS
* Metro 2033 Redux >> Crashes everytime in the menu (after 30 secs or something) and gives me a windows message saying "application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" 
* Metro Lastlight Redux >> It crashed after a minute into gameplay to desktop without any kind of error 

Thanks in advance :\

Edited by AbdullahEGY, 17 January 2017 - 12:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users